Who here RINSES their hair w/ DISTILLED WATER???

oooop2

I was wondering it REALLY made that big of a difference??? If so, what difference have you noticed by using distilled water??

TIA :)

QT

I do. Since my area has hard water :nono: on my last rinse i will use at least a cup of distilled water. I would rather the distilled water dry on my hair instead of the hard water. I will do this until i get enough $$$ to get a filtered shower head.

I also do my final rinse with distilled water. The water in AZ is hard also.
It has definitely helped :yep: Products work in my hair much better.
My hair feels softer, I notice the difference when I forget to use it.

oooop2

Okay...Maybe a (everybody knows this question), but how do people know if their water is hard??? :perplexed

Okay...Maybe a (everybody knows this question), but how do people know if their water is hard??? :perplexed

I just know that AZ and the southwest has the hardest water.
They say it takes a lot of soap to get clean with clothes, hair, etc.
I get calcium and lime buildup like crazy on my faucets.

QT

I went to Lowe's and they have this test strip. You will just run it under your water for a sec and it will give you the results. :grin: I also used the strip in my distilled water just to see and it said it was "soft water" :grin:. Plus the strips are FREE :yep:

AtlantaJJ

I went to Lowe's and they have this test strip. You will just run it under your water for a sec and it will give you the results. :grin: I also used the strip in my distilled water just to see and it said it was "soft water" :grin:. Plus the strips are FREE :yep:
I have to remember to do this. This is a good post because I have been considering using distilled water rinses but I did not know how to acheive the optimal effect because I could not use only distilled water throughout the entire wash process.

What works best?

1) Use distilled water before shampoo / co-wash and then again on final rinse

2) Just use for final rinse. If does this make the finishing products work better such as the leave in conditoners / detanglers, etc.

TIA (not to hijack :grin:)

oooop2

I have to remember to do this. This is a good post because I have been considering using distilled water rinses but I did not know how to acheive the optimal effect because I could not use only distilled water throughout the entire wash process.

What works best?

2) Just use for final rinse. If does this make the finishing products work better such as the leave in conditoners / detanglers, etc.

Good questions..I think I may have hard water. Will do a test to determine...

scorpian

I don't do my final rinse anymore with it but I do use distilled water in my ACV mix and I do that after the shampoo before the conditioner

QT

What works best?

I use distill water every chance I get….. I use it’s in my moisturizer mix, after my final rinse, and in anything dealing w/ my hair. Its funny when I stayed the summer in VA my hair grew like wild flowers, however, here in the South (ATL) the water is much harsher then up North IMO. I have noticed my hair is softer and easier to manage.

taj

Thanks soooo much for this info!!!:grin: I'll visit the nearest Lowe's and get a strip tester. In the meantime I'll also get a few gallons of distilled water. I've also read i a thread that rain water is healthy for tresses, depending on the area. Out of curiosity I'll also test some rainwater to see what the results are. Is it's soft I'll use that as well.:yep: