Which is the best method Hair Rinse 1st or Clarify then Color Rinse Pls Help!!

ycj1

Ok, as just about all of you ladies know I am in braids and am about to take them out to do my monthly wash/dc/clarify and color (rinse). I need to determine which step is more beneficial first, to clarify first which I would think is better or rinse then clarify. I am confused bc if I rinse first then clarify the clarifying may take the color away. Someone out there give me some help pls!!!!!!:nono:

ceebee3

Clarify first, then deep condition, apply color.

I usually apply my rinses to dry hair, shampoo then deep condition.

I always deep condition after clarifying because it's so stripping. I also deep condition after I color.

Dommo

^^^^^^ditto, although I don't necessarily clarify(my shampoo contains sulphates so that's good enough for me)

ycj1

Clarify first, then deep condition, apply color.

I usually apply my rinses to dry hair, shampoo then deep condition.

I always deep condition after clarifying because it's so stripping. I also deep condition after I color.

I thought so, it makes more sense! Thanks so much!!!!:yep:

jcdlox

I will be coloring tonight too in prep for braids tomorrow. I don't usually clarify but I would shampoo/clarify first then color then DC. definitely do not clarify after your color. I always DC after color because it softens my hair back up (tends to be a bit strong/hard after the color).

sqzbly1908

Clarify, color, dc ....as the dc detangles the hair as sometimes the rinse can leave it a little tangled...

jada1111

Ok, as just about all of you ladies know I am in braids and am about to take them out to do my monthly wash/dc/clarify and color (rinse). I need to determine which step is more beneficial first, to clarify first which I would think is better or rinse then clarify. I am confused bc if I rinse first then clarify the clarifying may take the color away. Someone out there give me some help pls!!!!!!:nono:

I was told to:

1) Clarify first

2) Apply color

3) Deep condition WITHOUT heat.

I'll be applying a demi-color (FINALLY) this weekend and the instructions have never wavered. You can't use heat, because it can open the cuticle and have the color running.

They recommended Osmo Essence Intensive Deep Repair Mask and the reviews on Makeupally are excellent:

http://tinyurl.com/yl593w2

If you're just using a regular rinse you probably don't need anything really intense, but I'll be mixing a developer with mine, so it's sort of classified as chemical action.