WHEW!! (New Member Confesses and Waves Hello)

summer

<font color="green"> Hello everyone...

I've been lurking around your boards for about a month now but I have only posted twice. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I had no idea I was addicted until I couldn't log on for my daily dose of hairstories. I almost panicked fo' real. I can't tell you how relieved I am to see stuff up and running again. Anyway, now that it's back I figure I need to show my appreciation, introduce myself, and feed this habit by participating.

I'm newly relaxed, chin length, type 4a. My goal is to have healthy hair reaching past my bra strap. I have a Dudley's relaxer but I plan to switch to Affirm or Motions for my retouch (any advice?)

I wash twice a week and I do a deep condition at least once each week. I like to use Motions CPR and Aveda products. I also like styling with olive oil, hot 6 oil, or kemi oyl...leaves my hair so soft and shiny. My hair is not really long enough yet for protective ponytails, so I hot curl once each week, wrap nightly, and do the scarf or hat thing when the wrap wears out. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Right now, I'm taking about a trillion supplements: Ultra Nourishair, Biotin, EPO, MSM, and Flax Seed Oil. I can't really say that my hair has grown extra quick with these, but my new growth is soft and easy to smooth.

Okay. That's all for now. I'll be back soon.
more hair...more hair...more hair...

--summer /images/graemlins/wink.gif</font color>

I have a question. You said that you are newly relaxed. What made you get a relaxer? Is it easier to care for now? I don't have a relaxer. I have had one since the 8th grade and it took me TOO many years to learn that my hair is just too weak. I didn't get length because it would break at my neck always. But I have seen MANY women with relaxers with absolutely beautiful LONG hair. So I was just curious about your hairstory.

welcome, summer! i'm glad you decided to come out of lurk mode! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne

Thanks and response to henrilou

<font color="blue"> thanks to everyone for making a sista feel welcome!

henrilou-

i had always had shoulder length relaxed hair. but after college i wanted to "go natural" and i chopped it off to a 1/2" afro. i thought i was on my way to healthy hair. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

before this summer, i had 10'' of unrelaxed hair (a little past shoulder length) but it was never really natural. /images/graemlins/confused.gif although it was really cute and sometimes looked healthy, my hair suffered from all of the ways i was twisting, pulling, pressing, braiding, coloring and otherwise manipulating it. my hair would look really raggedy two days after a fresh twist and i can't stand to walk around looking crazy. /images/graemlins/mad.gif so, after months of research and thought, i decided to cut off the raggedy ends and relax. i haven't looked back since. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

to answer your question, no, i can't say that i think relaxed hair is easier to care for than unrelaxed hair. it's just a different boat. i prefer to relax.

--summer /images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

Welcome Summer, I too found that I was addicted when I couldn't log on. You mentioned that you had a Dudley's and that you will be switching. Why? I'm scheduled for a Dudley's this Saturday (Oct. 29). Is there something I should be looking for?

to nita4

<font color="blue"> thanks for the welcome. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

no, i didn't have a problem with dudley's. i'm only switching because my stylist is moving back to atlanta. /images/graemlins/frown.gif so far, we haven't been able to locate anyone else in my area who uses dudley's too. sooo, she recommended those two relaxers (she actually recommended affirm over motions)

--summer /images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

Shazam!! How'd that happen? :blush: I was only on page 2 of the boards...or so I thought.

Erm, my bad. But uh...yeah, maybe we can see some toe length hair by now. :takecover:

Last edited:
Back