WHEN HE DOES THIS, I FEEL SO UNEASY

Matthew 5:25 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her HATH COMMITTED ADULTERY!!!:eek: with her already in his heart. THe words of Christ. If he could would he? You should follow your pastor as he follows Christ.

Are you being touchy? I don't know...maybe...maybe not. Do you really think he was being sinful or lustful?

Well now... :lol: I have to say that even I have looked at some women's chest before that I thought were "blessed" or big/huge. I'm not a lesbian nor was I lusting. :lol: Some things just catch your attention, visually. It's human and natural to me to notice things or see things with your eyes. For me, this is just the truth. Of course you ought not stare or lust over it. Even when you are walking out in public, you can look at someone in the face and see that they are pretty/beautiful or handsome. If i was in walmart shopping and a handsome person or good-looking man walked by me, I may notice but at the same time I will not turn to my hubby standing right next to me and say, "He was so handsome, wasn't he" :eek: :lachen: Of course I'm going to continue shopping and looking at products. And if you look at a male or female, you can see that she has a nice figure or that he is muscular. [ I remember one day i saw this girl and she looked slim or thick but her behind stuck out so far, real far. It looked out of proportion to me and I wondered to myself how did she get that like that, just genetics i guess. i mentioned this episode just to say that even I noticed her "asset" I guess] If a whole bunch of ladies walked by wearing mini skirts, I'm sure a man or woman would notice just like I'd notice if a whole bunch of men walked by with muscle shirts and jeans on. Would I keep looking straight? yes, i hope so. Would I turn my head to check them out some more? no...I hope not. :D

Personally, I do pay attention to my surroundings and I pay attention to the people in my surroundings. this is something i was taught to do since I was a little girl by my (paranoid) father :look: . i guess he felt I needed to be able to watch my back and perhaps to identify anybody if I had to.

StrawberryQueen said:
I agree you 100%. Christian women do need to dress modestly. But, I can see why some churches relax their dress codes, in order to make folsk feel comfortable. A lot of people who come to church are sitting up inthere for the 1st time ever, and sometimes don't know or have the good sense to "dress accordingly." Should they be turned out-no.

But I think once folks become stronger in their Christian walk, they become more aware of what is and what is not appropriate. I think people need to be patient with them and not judge them, because honestly, all it's going to do is drive them away and give them a negative impression of what the Church and a "Christian" is supposed to be. We are not all imbued with the same knowledge, be it worldly or Biblically. I'm not disagreeing with you here BTW!:look:

And this whole this "men are visual," stuff is crap. It may be true to a degree but folks like to use it as an excuse for inappropriate behavior and lack of self control. Just like "boys will be boys." :nono: Men need to be just as sexually responsible and "pure" as the women do.

Yes, I agree with you. (Pretty much the whole post).

1) Both men and women need to be aware of their appearance.
2) We each will be accountable for the sins we commit. No trying to find a scape goat then. :perplexed God knows and see it all.
3) If people aren't dressed "appropriately"-- and they are known to be visitors. Of course--by all means-- they should be welcomed into the congregation with open arms. :yep:
4) If a person is a regular attendant dressing a little out there, they should still be welcomed. But in this situation prayer and a gentle suggestion probably is needed.

I will share a story: when I was a babe in Christ (literally and figuratively :lol: ), I would wear short flowing skirts... Sometimes long tight skirts... and sometimes both. I thought I was dressing fine (or fione as some may say)...

One time I visited a church, and this lady put a long robe over me. I was freaked out-- and I did not come back.

But the church that accepted me where I was (for who I was)-- well-- that's where I grew. They kept preaching and I kept coming... No one ever told me (point blank) that I was dressing immodestly...

But as I began to mature in the word, I started to see how dressing modestly was a wise choice, both for my spiritual health and for the spiritual health of the people around me.

I think that when people go to church, they should have as few "distractions" as possible so they can get closer to God. I just wanted to be one less distraction.

That's where I was coming from when I shared my first post on "Christian women helping their brothers out". :look:

kelouis75 said:
Yes, I agree with you. (Pretty much the whole post).

1) Both men and women need to be aware of their appearance.
2) We each will be accountable for the sins we commit. No trying to find a scape goat then. :perplexed God knows and see it all.
3) If people aren't dressed "appropriately"-- and they are known to be visitors. Of course--by all means-- they should be welcomed into the congregation with open arms. :yep:
4) If a person is a regular attendant dressing a little out there, they should still be welcomed. But in this situation prayer and a gentle suggestion probably is needed.

I will share a story: when I was a babe in Christ (literally and figuratively :lol: ), I would wear short flowing skirts... Sometimes long tight skirts... and sometimes both. I thought I was dressing fine (or fione as some may say)...

One time I visited a church, and this lady put a long robe over me. I was freaked out-- and I did not come back.

But the church that accepted me where I was (for who I was)-- well-- that's where I grew. They kept preaching and I kept coming... No one ever told me (point blank) that I was dressing immodestly...

But as I began to mature in the word, I started to see how dressing modestly was a wise choice, both for my spiritual health and for the spiritual health of the people around me.

I think that when people go to church, they should have as few "distractions" as possible so they can get closer to God. I just wanted to be one less distraction.

That's where I was coming from when I shared my first post on "Christian women helping their brothers out". :look:
That's a wonderful way they "helped" you and continue to accept you. I wish more people could be so open and accepting of others.

StrawberryQueen said:
That's a wonderful way they "helped" you and continue to accept you. I wish more people could be so open and accepting of others.

Yes :yep: Much of their love is why I am a follower of Christ. :)

kbragg said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Why you tryna make us all sick!?!?!:lachen:

I don't think women are equally as visual as men. I mean, what would turn a woman on more? Seeing a man topless mowing a lawn, or that same man with his shirt on singing her a LOVE song, or telling her she's beautiful!?!?! Hello!:lachen:Why ya'll think people like Genuiwine, Justin Timberlake, Jon b, groups like Silk, Jagged Edge (Let's Get Married OOH WEE!) etc are so popular? Let me stop, I'm getting too carnal!:lol:

Seriously, that's how the playas get the women. By telling her she's beautiful, sexy, the only woman he has eyes for (liar:lol:) etc. Ok back on topic!:lol:

Now this is true. It's the oldest 'trick' in the world and was used successfully long before men were 'buff' as they are now. If you look at the 'heart throbs' of years past (in the old movies), NONE of them really had the 'buff' bodies.... well a few did :look:

But the eyes and the words and the way they spoke made one's heart a flutter...

Examples: Sidney Poiter.... :love: (My man! :yep:) And he has a beautiful frame, especially his long legs. But when he talks.... I listen. I am a captive audience of Mr. Sidney. This man takes refinement, distinction; and sheer handsome to the Heavens.

Richard Burton.... His refinement in speech and his blue eyes....
Charleton Heston....Deep resonating voice...

I like the guy who now plays' Joan Clayton's boyfriend (on Girlfriends). He's so handsome and I love his laugh and the way he talks.

These are just examples of men who can capture with just talking...

meek&quietspirit said:
Yesterday, our Pastor was preaching an excellent sermon.

But, sure enough, he starts talking bout how he and his wife were out this past weekend and saw some lady with a very tight teeshirt on. The shirt said too blessed to be stressed. He said he did what any "normal, herteosexual, man would do, he stared at her chest.":eek:

Then he goes on to say that while walking with the college president, he didn't want him to notice him checking out the young, pretty ladies with the mini-skirts on, so he just keeps looking straight ahead and talking with the president. (He won't scope other women with the president, but he will with his wife)?:perplexed

I know that we all have issues and deal with secret sins, but, should a pastor who has preached for 40 years and been married for 36 years still react in this manner?

I can't talk to anyone at the church about this cause most of them laugh when he says such things, including his wife!:mad:

I've written about this before.

Am I being too touchy???
he acting like he still want things of the world:confused: he sould be praying on that not telling everybody that ant cute

Shimmie said:
Exactly. We all know full well and see it everyday, the way women 'use' what they have to get attention; especially when there is a 'spirit' in the Church seeking which man can be tempted and fallen. Please, this spirit of seduction is 'fixed' in the Church...front row center. Waiting for the 'cue' to do what it does...seduce and conquer.

Ever notice how the word of God forewarns the MEN to be aware of the temptress....the woman, Proverbs 5 warns of 'the woman'. :lol:

Even the Song of Solomon speaks solely of how it's the woman's attractiveness that has this man captured. It was Deliah's beauty that entrapped Samson (the man was wrong and full of his flesh and his parents spoiled him rotten....Samson was a show-off) but he got trapped by Deliah...a woman using her beauty and form as her weapon.

Bathsheba...her beauty bathing that caught King David's full eyes and attention and held him captive to the point of murder to cover his sin.

Granted, God does not take it lightly about a man's behavior; over and over he is warned. And the Pastor mentioned in this post is totally without excuse. Totally!!

However, let's face it..... as women we hold the key to a man's captivity. Take a look at yourself in the mirror and figure it out. We use it all the time; especially when we 'want' something (both in and out of Christ Jesus).

For the Godly women, I uphold with love and warmth. But I see too much showing through the clothing of too many women in church and it just ain't right to do this. Men do look. :lol: The visual babies. We love them though. But even the infant baby boys ... look. Our precious Men! ;)

I agree with you full heartedly Shimmie ( I alwasy enjoy your post ;) ). You also brought up another good point:

Bathsheba...her beauty bathing that caught King David's full eyes and attention and held him captive to the point of murder to cover his sin.

Bathsheba was doing what she would normally do which was probably the custom of her time. If David was in his rightful place, which was to be in the battlefield with his men as a leader would do then he may not have been faced with such a predicament. It is also a flipside for Eve. Both genders must know their place and their limitations.

meek&quietspirit said:
Yesterday, our Pastor was preaching an excellent sermon.

But, sure enough, he starts talking bout how he and his wife were out this past weekend and saw some lady with a very tight teeshirt on. The shirt said too blessed to be stressed. He said he did what any "normal, herteosexual, man would do, he stared at her chest.":eek:

Then he goes on to say that while walking with the college president, he didn't want him to notice him checking out the young, pretty ladies with the mini-skirts on, so he just keeps looking straight ahead and talking with the president. (He won't scope other women with the president, but he will with his wife)?:perplexed

I know that we all have issues and deal with secret sins, but, should a pastor who has preached for 40 years and been married for 36 years still react in this manner?

I can't talk to anyone at the church about this cause most of them laugh when he says such things, including his wife!:mad:

I've written about this before.

Am I being too touchy???

Without hearing him myself, what I got from this is that he was showing the congregation that although he is the preacher he is still wrapped in flesh and if he's not careful he can fall just like anybody else.

Most times we think the preacher can't and don't sin, but they do they have the same struggles as you and I. What makes my pastor a great pastor in my eyes (besides from bringing the word with authority) is that we does from time to time come clean with us and let us know his struggles and therefore it allows us to see him as a chosen vessel rather than the messiah.

If your pastor said it in the manner in which I hope he did, to show he's human and still need God to make it, then don't read to much into it and pray and left him up because the devil desire to bring down our leaders anyway that he can. Also keep his wife and children lifted because if the devil can't get the preacher he'll hit the next in line. (wife, children)

All I really can say is pray pray and pray.

JMHO

I am disturbed by the fact that the OP indicates that he talks about this every week & at Bible study, too:confused: She also refers to an incident with a single woman which I guess was sexual in nature.

When I was 13, I was completely turned off to christianity & anything associated with it due to a pastor like this. Also, "elders& deacons" tried to pick me up also. BTW: this was not a small church. Ultimately the church split due to the pastor's infidelities & other sexual scandals. I was lost spiritually many years due to the examples that these "men of god" portrayed to me as a young teen.

I bring up my experience to highlight the responsibility that the office of teacher/elder/pastor contains. They are held to a higher standard & God will hold them accountable. Yes, he is human, but God has given us the holy spirit to empower us to live according to his word & the blood of Jesus to cover our sins when we repent & ask forgiveness. It sounds as though he is lusting & he should repent & ask god to deliver him or show His strength in the face of his human weakness. Then he would have a testimony to share with his congregation & help others obtain victory over lust & sexual sins.

I agree that he needs prayer and that someone that he respects should confront him in love about his speech even if he has not acted because like Nathan confronted David re: Bathsheba.

Sorry so long.

schipperchow1 said:
I am disturbed by the fact that the OP indicates that he talks about this every week & at Bible study, too:confused: She also refers to an incident with a single woman which I guess was sexual in nature.

When I was 13, I was completely turned off to christianity & anything associated with it due to a pastor like this. Also, "elders& deacons" tried to pick me up also. BTW: this was not a small church. Ultimately the church split due to the pastor's infidelities & other sexual scandals. I was lost spiritually many years due to the examples that these "men of god" portrayed to me as a young teen.

This happened to my sister and to this day she don't trust no pastor.

I understand how you and the OP feels because I've seen a lot in ministry but that's why I'm so glad for the spirit of discernment.

I guess I just wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he's constantly doing this then he is getting it comfortable coming out of his mouth and then it will be comfortable doing it.

Seems like his wife would put a stop to this also.

NATHAN WHERE ARE YOU!!!!! Lord send him someone to speak to him in love about this, so that he want be another one of your servants fallen in this trap. In Jesus name AMEN.

Back