What's up with my ends???

MiWay

I co-wash at least twice a week. I air dry my hair in a braid, but my ends always seem very dry. I use Salerm as a leave-in and then moisturize with WGO and Keracare w/Jojoba Oil. Once all my hair is dry, my ends look so dry and brittle. I oil/moisturize them daily, but nothing changes. The rest of my hair seems perfectly fine. Any ideas?

MissYocairis

msbrown76 said:
I co-wash at least twice a week. I air dry my hair in a braid, but my ends always seem very dry. I use Salerm as a leave-in and then moisturize with WGO and Keracare w/Jojoba Oil. Once all my hair is dry, my ends look so dry and brittle. I oil/moisturize them daily, but nothing changes. The rest of my hair seems perfectly fine. Any ideas?

Try a baggie method treatment on your ends a couple times a week overnight. Use olive oil and/or castor oil. You can even use vaseline. These have worked well for me.

Isis

You may want to try airdrying in a rollerset just to see if there is a difference. The magnetic rollers help keep the hair and ends moisturized as it dries. I haven't airdried any other way but I have seen some of the others comment that their ends feel and look so dry when airdrying with the hair out. Also, is your braid hanging down when airdrying or is it pinned under to protect the ends?

MiWay

Isis said:
You may want to try airdrying in a rollerset just to see if there is a difference. The magnetic rollers help keep the hair and ends moisturized as it dries. I haven't airdried any other way but I have seen some of the others comment that their ends feel and look so dry when airdrying with the hair out. Also, is your braid hanging down when airdrying or is it pinned under to protect the ends?

I will try that. When I used to rollerset, I didn't have problems like this. I have done both...airdry with the braid hanging and pinned up. I'm starting to think my hair doesn't like airdrying... I never had this much shedding or dryness with rollersets.

MiWay

CantBeCopied said:
Try a baggie method treatment on your ends a couple times a week overnight. Use olive oil and/or castor oil. You can even use vaseline. These have worked well for me.

I've done the baggie before, and didn't notice a huge difference. I was using Elasta QP mango butter, so maybe that was the problem. I just did it last night, so I'll see how the ends turn out.