Whats the best way to Turn My Hair Brown Naturally/ without Harmful Dyes?

BlackMasterPiece

Definitely honey and lemon with a bit of water, used as a spritz before you sit outside in the sun a few days a week. should lighten your hair gently over time. honey added to water starts up a chemical reaction which produces teensy amounts of peroxide, which lightens hair. it's totally safe on the hair, unless you're a baby, in which case ingestion of honey could kill you (honey is toxic to babies). but if you're reading / typing on this board, that should clear you from that category, lol!

+ honey is a humectant, similar to glycerin in the way it draws moisture from the air into the hair. when combined with lemon juice it'll cancel out lemon juice's drying effects. :yep:
Yay!:yahoo: That sounds like it'd totally work! Thank you soooooooooo much poookie!:love2: Have you tried this yourself?

remilaku

I did quite a bit of research on lemon juice on hair and its known to be harshly drying on the hair, my hair is already naturally dry and brittle so I really don't wanna exacerbate that......also I read many places that this is only effective on those that already have somewhat light hair. but thanks so much for the tip remilaiku!:yep:

I have dark hair and I lightened my hair with it. if you add oil to the lemon you should be fine.

Aggie

Honey treatment! it lightens gradually and hasn't damaged my hair so far see this thread for more.

Whoa Hothair, thank you so much for the link. I know how I am going to lighten my hair if I ever choose to do so. No bleaching is necessary and for me, that is good, no, great news.

remilaku

I went out in the sun. It takes a couple of days to work. Depending on what level of brown you want. I would put it in my hair and go out in the hot sun. The longer you are in the sun the faster it will work. Some people stay in the sun for 1-2 hours. You can stay longer if you would like.

cupcakes

Hey thx 4 this thread I was just thinking about brown hair again today then I remebered that I had emailed kitikat 2 years ago for the honey/cinnamon/contditoner recipie and I still have it:

Hi! You had asked me for the recipe for my cinnamon highlights; Well, I've tried (the cinnamon treatment) different ways--for a strengthening treatment: 1 egg, 2 TBsp honey, 1/2 cup deep conditioner, and 1 TBsp of cinnamon! Mix it up and apply it to hair in sections. When hair is completely saturated, put on shower cap and leave it in for 1-2 hours.(you may want to start out with on hour, then when you want to do it again, do another hour) Then rinse it out with warm/lukewarm water!
For a moisturiing treatment, just mix up:
1/2 cup deep conditioner, 2 TBsp honey, 1-3 tsp oil, and 1 TBsp cinnamon. Put on shower cap and sit under hot dryer for 15-20 minutes( I wouldn't go any longer than that) And that's it!
By the way, I only do the treatment about 2x a month-- I like gradual color! But let me know how everything works out for you! happy hair growing!