What to do before braids (extensions)

tasha

Do you need to wash (condition, etc.) your hair on the day you plan on getting braid extensions or can you wait a couple days after the whole process to get them in?

mermaid

I always start with a clean head as well. I wash and when the hair is dry, I braid.
It can get sooo itchy sooo fast and sooo much build up just as fast and ya don't want to be washing too soon after braids, so wash it before hand to give your self some preventative relief!

ChocolateCutee

I normally wash my hair a day or two before i braid. I don't like my hair too poofy b4 i get them done so i wash a couple of days b4

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I start with a clean head of hair that has been deep conditioned. Don't apply to much or or leave ins. They make your hair very slippery and you don't want that because you want your braids to be snug enough not to fall out.

ChoclatePrincess

I always wash condition and blow dry my hair the night before. After greasing my scalp I part my hair down the middle and put two big loose braids. I say loose because I don't want my head hurting before I get my hair braided.