What is the pupose of an ACV rinse?

sunshyne_krissy

This question applies to my relaxed and natural sistas. How do you incorporate your ACV rinse in your regimen? Why do you use it? What are the pros and cons?

hothair

I dilute and use it to clarify once every week/ 2weeks. I also use it to help seal my cuticles and maintain my colour longer HTH

texasgrl

I did one of these after a protien treatment a week ago and got the worst tangles ever. As I was using my shower comb to detangle the comb was going down and little peices of hair were going up:perplexed .I had to break out my PLAN B.

KEWLKAT103

I use it as a rinse after poo and before I con about once per month.
I use it to clarify my hair from a month of product build up.

Arcadian

I do one after I clarify (its my rinsewater for the conditioner), and after rinsing relaxer from my hair (but before the shampoo stage).

I think it really depends on the ratio that you mix it to.

When i'm clarifying I mix a gallon jug of water to 2 teaspoons of organic ACV. Last time I relaxed I used a 10:1 ratio of water to ACV.

Anytime I rinse with ACV its using cold water. My hair likes it cold.*shrugs*

When I'm rinsing after clarifying its so that my hair doesn't mat up and get really tangled. It also makes my hair nice and soft too.

After a relaxer its to bring the PH down as well as neutralize the relaxer.

ACV has a PH of around 2 to 3.5 I believe (I guess it depends on what stick you're using)

-A

sunshyne_krissy

Arcadian said:
I do one after I clarify (its my rinsewater for the conditioner), and after rinsing relaxer from my hair (but before the shampoo stage).

I think it really depends on the ratio that you mix it to.

When i'm clarifying I mix a gallon jug of water to 2 teaspoons of organic ACV. Last time I relaxed I used a 10:1 ratio of water to ACV.

Anytime I rinse with ACV its using cold water. My hair likes it cold.*shrugs*

When I'm rinsing after clarifying its so that my hair doesn't mat up and get really tangled. It also makes my hair nice and soft too.

After a relaxer its to bring the PH down as well as neutralize the relaxer.

ACV has a PH of around 2 to 3.5 I believe (I guess it depends on what stick you're using)

-A

Oh I see...so you use it to clarify and to neutralize? Some use it before they touch up and others use it after....what are the pros and cons of both...anyone???