What is 4c?

Kurlee

From time to time I see peopel refer to their hair as 4c. What hair type is that? I am familiar with all the other ones (1a-c, 2a-c, 3a-3c, 4a and b). CAn someone explain?

Kimberly

I have used the term "4c" and "4z" meaning that my hair is beyond plain ol' 4b...it's just something else not even defined! :lachen:

I don't know what others mean when they use it.

Katt73

That's how I use it. My hair is beyond 4b...especially when I see pics of what some of you ladies call 4b.

Afrolinda

That's how I use it. My hair is beyond 4b...especially when I see pics of what some of you ladies call 4b.

Can I see some of your pics? or some of the pics of the other ladies who also say they have 4C or beyond. I just want to compare.

bablou00

Oh okay so thats probably what I am....hahaha!!! Check out my fotki and look at my NG pics I am definitely 4b probably whatever 4c is

loved

I am in the 4z camp. My hair texture is just a whole different animal - NG and natural for me goes beyond tightly coiled - it can be brick city up in there. I stopped going to hairdressers because throughout my life, they would underprocess and ask me to come back in a couple weeks so they could fix it, or want to "marinate" it to the pt of damage to pull the kinks out. Every stylist I ever went to would comment on the rough texture of my hair. Those experiences led me to become the master of my own hair, & when it's good & healthy, it's gorgeous but it can be something to manage.