WHAT EXACTLY is Moisturizing?

shellzfoshizzle

What exactly is moisturizing? Is it conditioning your hair when you shampoo or are you ladies talking about greasing (using Doo Gro, B&B, Blue Magic), or using a hair dress/cream (QP Elasta Mango Butter, ORS Carrot/Oil Cream) or oiling your scalp (using any kind of oil)? I was reading the thread about how much people moisturize...but WHAT EXACTLY is moisturizing your hair?

Oiling is using a hair grease /oil, I consider any product that is majority grease to be oiling.

Moisturizing as in daily moisturizing is using a product that is mainly water(first ingredient) on the hair to make it softer and improve elasticity. Not necessarily shinier or glossy like when using oils.

Moisturizing is:

1. Deep conditioning
2. basing the scalp, hair, and ends with a light cream/butter that contains no mineral oil or petroleum
3. sealing our hair with oils or a humectant (ie. glycerin)
4. Using grease on our ends
5. Using water or H20 + humectant

That's all I can come up with for now...I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Moisturising is using products which counteract dryness. This
excludes drying products that contain alcohol, mineral oils and sls. Black hair is very versatile, but prone to dryness, using non-drying products for daily care, washing and conditioning help to keep our hair pliable, strong and soft are moisturising.

Back