Protein treatment
conditioner
leave-in conditioner
light moisturizer
oil for sealing
wide tooth comb
heat protectant
optional hair glosser

Does anything else need to go on this list?

Diya

DEEP conditioner... IMO, a distinction should be made between these and instant conditioners.

silvergirl

i honestly think is all individual.... because for me a good hair regimen needs to only consist of water and conditioner.

thats all i really need for my hair to thrive and grow.

KiniKakes

A good protective style that you are comfortable wearing pretty frequently, at least during your intensive grow out period. :drunk:

MrsHouston

A good protective style that you are comfortable wearing pretty frequently, at least during your intensive grow out period. :drunk:

True. This is what helped me maintain my length (a bun that I wrap w/ a scarf at night and only comb once a week)

Another thing that helped me is low manipulation.

KiniKakes

True. This is what helped me maintain my length (a bun that I wrap w/ a scarf at night and only comb once a week)

Another thing that helped me is low manipulation.

Ditto!!!!

I dont think anyone can go wrong with that! You are essentially keeping every strand of hair that grows out of your head, with minimal manipulation = minimal breakage. Gotta love it!

SouthernTease

satin scarf, cap and or pillow cases
EOs

i honestly think is all individual.... because for me a good hair regimen needs to only consist of water and conditioner.

A good protective style that you are comfortable wearing pretty frequently, at least during your intensive grow out period.

Ditto on all these… I need is a satin scarf & pillowcase, water, conditioners (deep & leave-in), bobby pins for my protective pin-up, plastic bags, towel turban, and bonnet dryer for steam towel treatment, apple cider vinegar, jilbere shower comb, and handheld shower head… and that’s it!!!

kiesha8185

I totally agree, you need to learn what your hair needs and what it doesn't. My list of "necessities" would be completely different that other people's list. All I need is some HENNA, shampoo, deep conditioner, cut up pantyhose (instead of scrunchies), protein every 3 months, moisturizer, oil, and a wide-tooth comb and I'm good to go. All this said, I still have boxes FULL of products....:nono: