What do you use to pre-poo with?

I pre-poo with Amla Oil, my natural hair is a gingery brown, and i've been using amla for about a year now, and my hair is now chestnut brown. I like it because it makes my hair feel so strong and supple, and i think it aids to having less splits and breakage. I've done the EVOO on its own and it was terrible. just too much/too heavy. some over pre-poos are my EVOO and Joboba mix - but only if my hair needs it. my hair is rarely dry anymore due tothis boards advice on less manipulation etc etc

i used glycerin as a pre-poo a few days agon on dry hair- applied a thin, plastic cap and left it on overnite- my hair was super-soft and super-moisturized after shampooing and deep conditioning the following a.m.

anky said:
I love doing a prepoo with mayonnaise. It has oil and eggs! And even though I smell like a ham sammich for an hour, my hair is so silky afterwards.

My mom used to do this to me when I was a kid! I may have to join you in the ham sammich department Anky! :grin:

My mom did the mayo thing to me too. What do you think about may and warmed EVOO? I may try that tomorrow when I wash my hair. Mix the two and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for 15-30 minutes.

Do you have to keep a pre poo treament in for so long/use heat with it? I only keep mine in for 5 minutes, then I wet my hair slightly, apply shampoo and rinse. I don't use a plastic cap or anything.

And... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a pre-poo treatment only considered to be one if you shampoo after you do it? ???

Back