what do u use to prepoo

beebellkel

What do you use to prepoo? What are some of the changes you've seen in your hair once u started prepoo'ing? How long do u keep the product u use in your hair before you start shampooing

CurlsBazillion

I just use Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil. I am very inconsistent so it varies how long I pre poo the shortest I've done it is 3hrs the longest, overnight. I do see a difference as far as the detangling stage (I don't do that until I'm moisturizing and sealing) I seem to have less of a job to do (5-10 min and I swear I don't rip thru my hair :-D) and I think my hair is much softer as well!

baglady215

I like the Chicoro mix of aloe vera juice and oils. I also like a HOT mixed with a little bit of condish. I'll leave it on from 30 mins to hours (lazy lol). Prepoos are great for moisture.

ParagonTresses

I don't personally see a difference in my hair when I prepoo so I don't do it very often. The rare times I do though, I use coconut oil.

nymane

I use Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry Conditioner for an hour or two without heat. It melts my new growth & makes my hair feel like butter before the shampoo process...

kami02

I put warm jbco in my scalp and use olive oil on my hair. My dry scalp problem that I've had for years is gone. The olive oil makes my hair really soft when I wash it and it stops my breakage.

demlew

I use a mix of aloe vera gel, grapeseed, hemp, and olive oil. I leave it on for an hour without heat. I've only done it twice, but the change has been instant for me. Even though I'm relaxed, I don't have to moisturize everyday (I still use a little cocasta) and everyday shedding is fewer than 10 hairs. Detangling is so easy and my hair looked great after I flat ironed today.

I use a mixture of grapeseed and rice bran oil. I usually put some oil on my hair before i go to sleep and in the morning, i apply more focusing mainly on my ends and leave in for a few more hours.

I've noticed that my hair doesn't feel as dry as it used to after shampooing, and my breakage has reduced as well

Aireen

I only do my edges and nape with a mixture of molasses, safflower oil, EVOO, and unwanted conditioner. I don't notice a huge improvement in pre-pooing my whole head so I don't do it often but I started with these areas since I want them to catch up with the rest of the hair in terms of length. So far they're a lot less resistant and easier to manage, feels a little softer too. I sometimes do my ends to use up the mixture so it's not in the refrigerator for too long. I'll stop doing this in the future when they have more length.

Austro-Afrikana

I use eggs in my hair before washing as my weekly protein treatment. I mix an egg with avocado, banana and olive oil but if the avocado hasn't ripened I will use two eggs. My hair seems to have become more "curly" since I started using the whole egg instead of just the yolk but even before, my hair just wouldn't feel the same if I didn't do it for a couple of weeks.

cornaline

I have been using amla oil for the past 2 weeks and the change is striking:drunk:. It gives my hair swang and moisture. I prepoo for minimum an hour or overnight.

c*c*chic*

my bambu conditioner and coconut oil. i run conditioner through the section and then i apply warm coconut oil from my root on down to my ends, do my homemade way of doing a steam treatment, lol, for a few minutes and then let it sit over night. my hair loves it =)

destine2grow

I prepoo with vo5 passion fruit moisture milk con and any oil, or SE megasilk olive moisture treatment with any oil. I tried the moisture drench and I like it. I don't like prepooing with just oil. It seems as if I use to much or don't rinse it out all the way. Either way my hair can feel oily.

AmyRose92

I recently came up with a very moisturizing pre-poo. I used Aussie Moist, Bhrami powder, castor oil, amla oil, and aloe vera juice. My hair was extremely moisturized afterwards! It felt very soft.

iri9109

i made a prepoo/detangling mix with mostly coconut oil and i added castor/olive/jojoba/grapeseed and some ayurvedic and essential oils...sometimes i'll spray my hair with aloe vera before i add the oil mix and detangle...or i sometimes prepoo with conditioners that i dont like for cowashing or DCing but dont want to throw away, and mix them with oils...my hair loves pre-pooing...i never use shampoo or a cleanser without pre-pooing first...i dont like using runny oils by themselves, thats why i like coconut oil b/c its solid at room temp and them absorbs into my hair without making a mess or seeming too oily...my preference is to pre-poo overnight, but i also like to DC overnight and washing my hair is not about to be a 3 day job lol so i usually apply my pre-poo atleast a couple hours before i plan to wash my hair, detangle. twist in about 8 sections and put on a shower cap until i'm ready to wash (this is all usually friday or saturday night), then i wash, apply DC and the next morning i rinse out my DC and apply a leave-in and air-dry.

miss_cheveious

To prepoo I do a HOT of Wheat Germ Oil and Olive Oil overnight or for an hour minimum. I've definately noticed a difference in the softness of my hair after airdrying.

Last edited:
I usually do olive oil and JBCO mixed together, but I'm lazy so I don't do it often. When I am far into stretching my relaxers, it makes a huge difference so I should really do it more often.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I lightly dampen my hair with water, then apply rice bran or hemp oil mixed with EVOO. I leave this on anywhere between 1hr-overnight.

GloriousPraise

Aloe vera juice, VO5 conditioner, honey, olive oil. I put on a plastic cap and keep this on while I clean the house or exercise, or I sleep in this overnight.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I like to pre-poo with a protein based DC, or my Ayuvedic homemade treatment. The reason why I prefer to pre-poo with a protein is because it's one less trip in and out the shower.