Well I took the braids out

carrie

After a litle over 2 months I took my braids out. Good news was that after I washed, conditioned and dried it I accumulated about 1in of growth. Thing is, I had a heck of a time with tangles. The relaxed ends were hard to get loose. I only lost a little from the tangles. Right now my hair is cornrowed back. I'll prolly get it re-braided next week.

My cousin (who braids my hair) was quite surprised at how my hair wasn't dry and there was no build up. I told her about Adrienne's S-Curl secret and that I washed weekly and rinsed it during the week.

Things I learned:
1. Get braids done a little bigger next time. Took WAY too long to undo!
2. When I start back to relaxing, NEVER again will I relax bone straight. The difference between the new growth and the ends is too great.

Allandra

Congratulations on the growth! That's great that you didn't lose much hair from the tangles. Once you got your hair cornrowed going back, did you gather the back into a bun or let it hang down?

JazzAngel

yeah braids can be a great help and break from styling. Did you use any conditioner to remove the braids?

I found that it helped me alot to douce each braid with lots of conditione while unplaiting.

adrienne0914

that's great news, carrie! i'm glad everything worked out! i know what you mean about making the braids bigger. what i do is have the hair in the back parted bigger so there aren't as many braids back there to take down. the front i have the front parted the normal size. try that.

i can't wait to see how things turn out in the long run!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

carrie

Allandra - its cornrowed back so it can hang down, but I went to the gym and it was annoying me, so its in a bun!

JazzAngel: I used the S-Curl. I started last night and just sprayed it on out of habbit and realized it was making it easier to take down. I am gonna try to keep hanging in there with these braids! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

/images/graemlins/clap.gif wow good for u carrie on gainin an inch and also on gettin very little breakage.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robin41

Carrie, congratulations on the growth! Don't you just love wearing braids? Are you gonna keep you hair in braids for the summer?

carrie

Robin - I am gonna try to keep it braided. I know in July I have 2 events I can't have it braided for. But I am gonna try to keep it done until then.