Weave and healthy hair

AgapeQueen

Hey ladies...to those that rock sew-ins..how do you keep your hair healthy and moisterized? What are som good products? I have a sew in and i have not put anything in it because i do not want to make the weave oily...

Monigirl

Products I love to use is diluted CON shampoo, jojoba oil, olive oil or peppermint essential oil mixed with infusium 23, and Africa's Best Braid spray. That is mainly it for me.

On the weave hair itself after I wash it I apply a little oil form a Cantu Oil spray
and mix with a cream leave-in (Givanni or Rusk)in my hand and apply. It does the trick for me.

Once I added a tablespoon of MTG to my diluted infusium spray and applied to my scalp and braids under my weave. Don't do that anymore. I fell off the MTG bandwagon about 2 years ago b/c of the smell. But got lots of growth and hair was strong and moisturized when I took my weave out.

Regimen: (I posted this in another thread also)

Pre-poo any of my hair that is not covered by the weave.

Wash - once or twice a week (Used diluted shampoo and color applicator bottle to apply to scalp/braid) Rinse forever

Condition - after washing I I just applied condtioner to weave hair any hair of mine thats out, I don't put coditioner on my scalp/braid under the weave, *condition wash my bangs often if I get a partial weave

Leave In - Spray braid under weave with diluted Infusium 23 mixed with jojoba oil and spray diluted braid spray. Every other night spray braid by lifting up weave. I try to avoid the weave hair when applying leave-ins.

Later I apply a little oil and cream leave in to weave hair.

Let dry and style

If my hair loosens after all the manipulation over the months. I take out a thread and needle and fix any loose area myself.:grin:

In a nutshell that is my regimen. Works great for me!

Only advice never get a weave to thight. That was only one time I had ever lose allot a hair b/c I got a real thight weave.:wallbash:

Last edited:

glamazon386

I don't use any oily products. I just use a braid spray. African Royale BRX Braid Spray. It does not contain oil. I use the same shampoo and conditioner on the weave that I use on my own hair. You don't have to switch products.

naturalmanenyc

I am not weving anymore but when I was still weaving I used African Royale BRX Braid Spray between the tracks and also surge ultra max on my scalp. I just washed the weave (while installed) with diluted creme of nature shampoo and conditioned with anything I had in the house.

freshlikemoi

I constantly moisturize my edges and the hair on top that is left out. Because the hair that is covered is being protected, so I take extra care of the hair left out. I oil my scalp with WGO. I also deep condition my weave when I feel that it is getting tangly and dry for no good reason. Treating your weave like your hair could get you good results with the weave itself.

Also, please never forget about the hair under the braids..It is just as important to give it some TLC.

KrimsonKween

Try Soft Sheen Carson products for weaves. I use it on my weave and the sheen I spray on my hair daily.

I also use the honey, molasas, acv and oils on my hair that is left out to keep from having to relax the back and sides.

My hair smells good and it not itchy.:lachen: