Wearing Braids Consistently without "resting"

Candycane044

Lately, I've had my hair in two strand twists, and I absolutely love them. I love them so much that I want to get them again as soon as I take the old ones down. However, according to the C&G website, you have to wait about 2 months to get new braids again. Is that accurate? Has anyone had success without waiting that long?

The reason I ask this is because I see guys walking around with healthy hair who take their braids down and get it rebraided within the same day. Now, I wouldnt say I'm going to get them redone in the same day, I'd at least deep condition first but would that cause a lot of damage? (getting back to back braids)

Lynnerie

Are you using extensions for your twists or are you just using your own hair? I think that if its your own hair you can keep your hair braided and take it down, wash, deep condition, and braid it back up. But if you're using extensions IMO I would give my hair a rest from the fake hair. But I hope you get more responses. Take care.:)

Hidden_Angel

cluelessaka said:
Are you using extensions for your twists or are you just using your own hair? I think that if its your own hair you can keep your hair braided and take it down, wash, deep condition, and braid it back up. But if you're using extensions IMO I would give my hair a rest from the fake hair. But I hope you get more responses. Take care.:)

I have to agree ... I'd give it atleast a week to rest up and recover dont forget your protain treatment!

Avaya

Two weeks works for me; sometimes one week. Two months would defeat the purpose of my wearing braids in the first place: to give my hair a break from being styled/combed every day. As long as you deep condition, as you have mentioned, I don't see a problem with have the braids/twists redone a week or two after taking them down.

Candycane044

Thanks for the responses ladies... This time around I used extensions, but next time I plan on using my own hair, I didn't realize how long my real hair was until I had gotten these done. (that's shrinkage for ya) BTW thanks for reminding me of the protein treatment, I would've forgotten.:look:

Hidden_Angel

you can wear 'em long as u want just mostly has to do with the hairline thats why they say take short mini breaks thats what i do somtimes ill wear big braids somtimes ill wear lil or somtimes ill wear kornrows to take less stress off my hair like