waist length: men versus women

marta9227

So I'm claiming waist length (yay!) No official pic til I straighten at the end of the year. Sorry! But here's the reason for this post. I showed my husband that I had made waist length and he was kind of like, if you say so! He said he personally thought I still had a long way to go. Turns out his idea of waist was hip! When I explain to him waist is where I dip in and hip is, well, my hips (no idea how he got the idea that was waist) he's like, Oh! Well then yeah, you're definitely waist length! Lol! Anyone else's husband/significant other confused or just mine?

Sent from my ice cold evo 3d y'all!

Royalq

I used to think that too. i thought the dip was Mid-back length and waist length was at the hips. I was always confused looking at peoples pictures lol. And also on me, because i have a short torso, my waist length is very close to bra strap length. Which is fine by me, so once i grow literally like a inch and a half past my bra i'll lit waist length.

LightEyedMami

:lachen:yep men are clueless.... my hubby doesn't understand half of what i do in the name of hair care.He loves pb and honey sandwiches, & when he found out i was using honey for my DC's he talked my ears off about "Wasting Pure Honey" :rolleyes:....OH well ....he just gotta live with it because my hair is more important then his late night sandwiches :lol:......I cant wait to see his face when he learns i have been using the avocados too :lol::lol:

ETA: your hair is :lick: OP

marta9227

And also on me, because i have a short torso, my waist length is very close to bra strap length. Which is fine by me, so once i grow literally like a inch and a half past my bra i'll lit waist length.
Yeah I have a fairly short torso too as you can see in my siggy. Which is weird because I'm practically 6 ft tall lol! So waist length came sooner (although it didn't feel that way lol (but hip length will be forever!

marta9227

Lighteyedmiami lol! My husband never ceases to be amazed at what I put in my hair! My latest thing is rooibos and green tea rinses. Thanks so much! I'm a fan of your hair too! Aren't you doing the MN challenges? Looks like it's really working for you!

Fhrizzball

I know for some people, they measure their waist at the belly button but I go by the narrowest part of where my body dips in. I guess with guys though their waist isn't so defined so it's hard to tell.

Congrats though!

marta9227

Fhrizzball thanks! Yeah that's what he was using as a reference, his waist. So I lifted up my shirt and was like, honey this is my waist and these are my hips, and he's like, Oh, okay now I see well then it is to your waist! Lol he's such a goofball but he's my goofball lol.

Crucible

DH’s opinion is in a constant state of flux when my hair is not flat ironed, perhaps due to shrinkage. I’ve learned that his responses are based on my need for approval associated with my desired length at the given time. When my hair is curly/wavy and I ask him to pull it taut for him to measure it on my back- he hates that and simply says “you’re pass bra strap”. However, when I flat iron, once a year during December, he laughs with wonderment about shrinkage and makes statements about how fast and much my hair has grown. I find it weird that he like it best curly yet he acts more impressed when it’s flat ironed.

itismehmmkay

I think alot of ppl/men think that waist-length is hip-bone length. They think of it as at the small of the back, but above the butt.

You hair looks pretty btw

marta9227

Thanks so much! I think you're right, a lot of people think the waist and hips are the same.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
So I'm claiming waist length (yay!) No official pic til I straighten at the end of the year. Sorry! But here's the reason for this post. I showed my husband that I had made waist length and he was kind of like, if you say so! He said he personally thought I still had a long way to go. Turns out his idea of waist was hip! When I explain to him waist is where I dip in and hip is, well, my hips (no idea how he got the idea that was waist) he's like, Oh! Well then yeah, you're definitely waist length! Lol! Anyone else's husband/significant other confused or just mine?

First of all CONGRATS!!!

However I can't laugh at your husband because before this journey I assumed waist was my hips as well. Nooooo idea why I assumed it, I just did. LOL

Blairx0

I tried to explain to my BF what a waist skirt was and he told me all skirts are on your waist.... he was promptly asked to wait outside the dressing room at that point.

Lynnerie

Your waist is the smallest part of your torso and I didn't know this until I got into waist-training.

Congratulations Marta! You're husband should be very proud of you.

LongLeggedLife

Alot of people dont know where the natural waist is, they think its where your jeans waistband would sit, which is generally waaaay below the actual waistline. Congrats on reaching your goal!~

marta9227

First of all CONGRATS!!!

However I can't laugh at your husband because before this journey I assumed waist was my hips as well. Nooooo idea why I assumed it, I just did. LOL

Thanks! Yeah, lol I think a lot of people think that. The only reason I always knew is because I was unfortunately super anorexic in college, although you'd never know now with my back fat, lol!

marta9227

I tried to explain to my BF what a waist skirt was and he told me all skirts are on your waist.... he was promptly asked to wait outside the dressing room at that point.

Lol! My husband learned the difference between skirts and dresses after we got married. Also tights versus leggings. So he's always learning with me lol!