:::Vitamins with Results:::

lovelymissyoli

I’ve noticed that many of you lovely ladies take vitamins along with your hair care regimen. Could you please list the vitamins that you use and some of the results that you received from taking these vitamins? Which have the best results? Which have the worst side effects?

I do vitamins for overall good health -- strong hair is a side effect. I use to take a multi for years but found that getting it all in 1 tablet greatly reduced the efficacy and perhaps some nutrients may have even canceled each other out (because shouldn't be taken at same time). Anywho, I now split the following with meals twice a day (4 with morning meal and 3 with lunch or dinner) -- the results were awesome and immediate when I started getting specific formulations targeting specific issues. I have never experience side effects taking vitamins, I always take with food. Here is my list:

1. Chromium w/calcium (weight management & carb control)
2. Hi-Potency B-Complex (energy!)
3. Zinc w/B6 (skin)
4. Iron w/B12 & folic acid (blood, I'm mildly anemic)
5. Super Antioxidant (A,C,E, selenium & other antioxidants to combat free-radicals)
6. Digestive Enzymes (bromelain, papain, pancretin, lactase, other enzymes for weight manangement/digestion)
7. Biotin - this is recent addition since I've become hair obsessed and I noticed that my B-complex only provides 50% of recommended biotin. May get a more expensive B-complex next time with the full amount of biotin in order to eliminate one pill)
8. Water (1 to 2 liters per day, depending -- usually can get 1 liter down no problem, and then about half way thru the 2nd each day)

I also supplement my foods daily with brewer's yeast, wheat germ and flaxseed meal (in protein shakes or on cereal).

Well, I DO try to stay on top of the health game, at least as far as food is concern . . .

I think so -- helps overall good health, increased energy, and physical well-being -- which can only be good for hair as well . . .

Err, sorry I didn't answer your question -- I do not take the vitamins for my hair, I take for health. I don't really know that they help my hair specfically, but I think that overall good health will produce stronger hair . . .

I just started taking the biotin specifically for hair about 2 months ago and I THINK its working? But who knows, I means, I'm also doing many other things, like condition washes, avoiding heat, etc. so I can't isolate one thing and say it's responsible, but Girl, my hair is strong, long and healther because I'm retaining my lenght. Hope this helps.

i take a multivitamin for overall health, but i also take biotin. i dont know about my hair because i'm in braids, but my nails-- definetly a lot stronger and they haven't broken like they normally do when they start to get longer.

I take centrum vitamins,slowfe iron,nature made super b-complex,& calcium. I've noticed my nails & hair increased in the growth speed!
shocked.gif
( I can't take flaxseed oil or the evening primrose oil- makes my face break out some awful!!!)
frown.gif

What I take is in my siggy, and my hair is growing. I also take flaxseed oil and flaxseed meal.

I take Super Hair Energizer vitamins. After I take the rest of these, I wanna try NatureMade Super B Complex.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
carletta said:
I take centrum vitamins,slowfe iron,nature made super b-complex,& calcium. I've noticed my nails & hair increased in the growth speed!
shocked.gif
( I can't take flaxseed oil or the evening primrose oil- makes my face break out some awful!!!)
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried the flaxseed meal instead of the oil?

I take GNC Hair, Nails, & Skin Vitamins and Oil of Olay B-Complex. I started them both back in March and my hair and nails have been growing very fast. I did a blow-out back in May and my hair was past the bottom of my bra-strap. My hair grew about 3 inches in 2 months, most of which I immediately cut off. I'm still taking them everyday except the first 7 days of the month. I'm not sure which vitamin promoted the growth, but I know together they work well.

[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
KhaLesSta...did your hair grow at this rate before the vitamins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, not at all. After I did my blow-out, I went and showed my Mom and all she could say was "whoa". My hair has always been past my shoulders, but never that long. I'm almost sure it had to have been the vitamins, but removing heat from my routine and conditioner washes probably helped also. I'm crediting the vitamins the most because I have increased nail growth also.

I take Ultanourishair and B Complex. The B Complex is what makes your nails grow. I started taking it to thicken up my hair but although my hair is thickening I'm not sure if its the B Complex, surge or the conditioner washes. But my nails are lonnnnnggg. Most people think they are fake. But I an also attest that the GNC Ultranourishair Works! From what I hear it works better than their hair, skin and nails formula. I have my hair in a high ponytail today and the ends are touching my mid neck. My hair was NOT this long before I started the ultranorishair. It worked wonders.

I was debating between the UltraNourishair and the Hair, Nail & Skin. It was truly a toss-up, I think I just picked the HN&S because it contained more biotin. I've heard many rave reviews about the Nourishair though.

Yeah I was debating that too but I think I got the Ultranourish hair because it had more MSM. I'm glad I got those instead too I don't think the others would have given me the same results since it specifically focused on hair. My skin and nails were fine.

Back