Vitamins:liquid or pill form?

WomanlyCharm

For all you vitamin/supplement gurus out there...:lick:

Is the absorbtion rate for liquid vitamins really better than those in pill form?

Have you noticed a difference in hair growth, or energy if you've taken liquid vitamins as opposed to pills?

What are your reccomendations for some good liquid vitamins?

Thanks!

Hi Lady!! :wave:

I chose neither, I don't rely or vitamins, liquid or pills (ANYMORE) but if I HAD to choose, I'd opt for liquid first, capsules second and pills last. Reason: absorption, binders & fillers.

I choose to eat a wider variety of foods for my general healths sake, rather than focusing on my hair growth.

***hug***

Hey VW!! How ya doing? I see your sailor is gonna be home soon...:kiss2:

I've definately changed my eating habits, but I still need to take vits, doctor's orders. So I figure if I have to have them, I might as well get that growth as well!

Hmmm...liquid it is then! Thanks hon!

I don't know which is more potent, but I have never had a liquid vitamin that didn't taste so awful that I would skip it on a regular basis. I don't mind the pills as much.

My understanding is that the liquid gets absorbed into the bloodstream quicker than capsules/pills causing it to work faster than the other two.

^^^^-this is my understanding as well. When I was comparing the best sources for vits, I ended up choosing two products-both are in powdered form that I make into smoothies.

One is Spectro smoothie once daily multi-vita-min and the other is Greens protein 8 in 1. I alternate these two- and kill two birds with one stone since my goal was to increase my protein as well.

Liquid absorbs the fastest but I dont' use liquids because of the taste and most make me feel sick. Many supplements also do not come in liquid form.

I went to GNC this afternoon and bought the liquid Ultra Mega vitamins...if I'd know they made it in this form I would have stopped buying those big pills a long time ago!

This stuff is orange flavored, and while it tastes a bit strong, for me it's much easier than swallowing a pill. You can take it straight or dilute it in water or juice.
The bottle is huge, 30 fluid oz., so you'll get approximately 30 doses per container.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Hopefully this form of vitamin will be exactly what I need. :guiness:

Back