Vitamins and weight gain

kally

I can't find the thread, but a while back someone said their vitamin reggie made them gain weight. I just added the GNC Ultra hair nourish and Evening primrose that I take Midday, upped my MSN intake to 1000mg and Biotin to 3000mg that I have with my lunch, to my already Multivitamin and Iron which I take in the morning ,flaxseed and fish oil which I take at dinner time. I have been at it for almost two weeks and all of my clothing are tight :( . All in the quest for longer, thicker hair.

Who ever said they gained weight what vitamins did that do you or anyone who has gained unexplained weight with vitamins. Please let me know so I can see what I am doing wrong. I want longer hair but I do not want to blow up.

ekomba

kally said:
I can't find the thread, but a while back someone said their vitamin reggie made them gain weight. I just added the GNC Ultra hair nourish and Evening primrose that I take Midday, upped my MSN intake to 1000mg and Biotin to 3000mg that I have with my lunch, to my already Multivitamin and Iron which I take in the morning ,flaxseed and fish oil which I take at dinner time. I have been at it for almost two weeks and all of my clothing are tight :( . All in the quest for longer, thicker hair.

Who ever said they gained weight what vitamins did that do you or anyone who has gained unexplained weight with vitamins. Please let me know so I can see what I am doing wrong. I want longer hair but I do not want to blow up.

Hey Kally, i would love to know too which pills can make u gain weight lol i know i gained boobs with Nature s bounty evening primrose oil :lol: lol like a size so i add to stop using it went from a 36d to 38d now that i stopped for 6months and lost weight i m back to my 36d. else it s only Designer whey protein shakes which i love that made me gain weight cause i used to take 2 scoops per day but in my one drink lol with milk. i still love it but i know now that 2 per day make me fat so i m back to just 1 scoop. i have no problems with the rest of my vits they kinda cut my appetite i feel full except biotin can sometimes cause migraines but that s only the epo i had to get rid of i dont need bigger boobs lol:lachen:

gymfreak336

ekomba said:
Hey Kally, i would love to know too which pills can make u gain weight lol i know i gained boobs with Nature s bounty evening primrose oil :lol: lol like a size so i add to stop using it went from a 36d to 38d now that i stopped for 6months and lost weight i m back to my 36d. else it s only Designer whey protein shakes which i love that made me gain weight cause i used to take 2 scoops per day but in my one drink lol with milk. i still love it but i know now that 2 per day make me fat so i m back to just 1 scoop. i have no problems with the rest of my vits they kinda cut my appetite i feel full except biotin can sometimes cause migraines but that s only the epo i had to get rid of i dont need bigger boobs lol:lachen:

Well, the extra boobage from the epo probably came from the fact that epo has natural estrogens. With that said I might need to go buy some:grin: Keep in mind that when using protein shakes, they do add to your overall caloric intake, so if you are not subbing it for something or changing your eating habits to accomodate that then you can gain weight. BTW I too love designer whey.

kally

Ok thanks to all. I just did an on-line search and read that their was no proof that vitamins makes you gain weight. Although bigger boobs would not be a bad thing for me. WHEW what a relief. I guess I have to find the culprit. I have not changed my eating habits so I do not know what it could be.

kitchen_tician

Actually for me, just taking a multi-vitamin can increase and stimulate my appetite which can lead to weight gain. I don't mind though. :)

kally said:
Ok thanks to all. I just did an on-line search and read that their was no proof that vitamins makes you gain weight. Although bigger boobs would not be a bad thing for me. WHEW what a relief. I guess I have to find the culprit. I have not changed my eating habits so I do not know what it could be.