Video: Black women with weaves vs natural hair

LoveCraze

Naturalista
I just knew the woman who was getting a makeover was gonna come out looking jacked up, but her hair was actually very pretty. I doubt that she keeps the style though. Never heard of this show before, the segment was very interesting. I say people can do whatever the hell they want to do with their hair. Whatever makes you happy.

Stormy

Oh wow Arcadia must be making her rounds. She was on another show (Dr. Oz I think) a few months ago talking about the names of her wigs, how she won't answer the door without one, etc...basically the same things. I'd hate to be a slave to wigs or weaves. I think she looks good either way.

BrownSkin2

This was a good segment. I know women that never show their hair. They wear a wig or weave 365 days a year. They are ashamed of their hair or feel unpretty wearing it.. Very sad.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I think it was a good segment. It showcased all the points of view. Including an extreme point of view until you hear his wife straightens her hair :look:.

People should be able to make their own choices and feel beautiful however they see fit.

I am happy I learned to be comfortable with my natural hair. The shame I felt any time I was forced to go outside with my own hair texture in between stylist appointments was one of the most humiliating things I've experienced. My heart goes out to anyone else who may be experiencing that.

But why are you going to relax a 3 year old's hair though :nono::ohwell:. That is just wrong :spinning:. Even if her hair texture is time consuming, at that age it's not that much real estate. She still has a small head :spinning:. Idk :spinning: