Vatika oil solidifying?

navsegda

Does anyone who uses the Dabur Vatika oil ever have a problem with it solidifying? When I first got it, it was hard and white and wouldn't come out the bottle, but that was fixed by heating it up in the microwave some. Also, it was really warm in my room, so it stayed a liquid until it got really cold recently. The other day it had solidifed AGAIN but now because the room is a little warmer, it is back liquid again.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
If the base is coconut oil, coconut oil gets solid below 76 (73,71, something like that) degrees.

Sistaslick

yep, Vatika is a coconut oil blend. It will always solidify a bit near room temp. Just hold the bottle under some warm running water to liquify it.:)

LovelyLionessa

That happens to me all the time. I always have to heat it before using it, since it's gotten cold.

OT: Hey Sistaslick, how ya been? I've missed you! Good to see you back! :wave:

GlamourGirl

Sistaslick said:
yep, Vatika is a coconut oil blend. It will always solidify a bit near room temp. Just hold the bottle under some warm running water to liquify it.:)

I have the same problem with mine and I do the same thing. I run hot water in my sink, stop it up, and let it sit. It doesn't take long for it to liquify. The first time I used it I was like:confused:. Lol I kept squeezing and the stuff wouldn't come out. I had to remember it is coconut oil.

navsegda

GlamourGirl said:
Lol I kept squeezing and the stuff wouldn't come out. I had to remember it is coconut oil.

Hahaha, I so did this too the first time. I remember I was so excited when I got it in the mail and then I was like "Um...ok."

LovelyLionessa

I wonder why this isn't packaged in a jar, pure coconut oil usually comes in a jar since it's prone to solidifying. I guess since India is hot they don't have that problem, I notice the Parachute coconut oil comes in a bottle too.

LocksOfLuV

Pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. The base is coconut oil and it is supposed to do that-as all coconut oil does. Just make sure you shake it like a polaroid picture, to get all the settled herbs from the bottom once it is liquid again.

LocksOfLuV

Priestess said:
I wonder why this isn't packaged in a jar, pure coconut oil usually comes in a jar since it's prone to solidifying. I guess since India is hot they don't have that problem, I notice the Parachute coconut oil comes in a bottle too.

they have it packaged where it can come in a tin can too, but i only seen this type online.

blackbarbie

Sistaslick said:

Good to see you back girlie!!

............what every one else said about the oil. I got mine Saturday and got home and was soooo excited to use it and when I tried to squeeze it out and nothing came out, and I was like:eek: . Instead of calling the Indian store, I got in my car, drove all the way back and ask him if I could to exchange b/c something was wrong with it.....He said "put it in the microwave". I did that, but I think I may like to run it under hot water as an alternative.......

metalkitty

LocksOfLuV said:
Pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. The base is coconut oil and it is supposed to do that-as all coconut oil does. Just make sure you shake it like a polaroid picture, to get all the settled herbs from the bottom once it is liquid again.

I didn't know there were herbs that settle at the bottom, that means you have to liquify the whole thing everytime right? Can you warm it in the microwave without the plastic warping?

PaulaDiddy

These that are using this oil, how do you use it? how often? Do you leave it in or rinse it out? Plus...how is it working for ya.

Mine Soildfies... sucks. but okay

Divine Inspiration

PaulaDiddy said:
These that are using this oil, how do you use it? how often? Do you leave it in or rinse it out? Plus...how is it working for ya.

Mine Soildfies... sucks. but okay

I use it as a general hair oil for my length and ends. I don't oil my scalp, but if I did, I'd definitely use this oil. I leave it in, but I've heard of ladies using it as a pre-poo treatment. It's working very well for me! :)

lildhe

hey ladies. what i did to help with the solidifying ....melted it and put it into a empty hair grease continer and added just a squeeze of aloe vera gel to it and it is now like a hair grease. i had to figure it out b/c it was getting on my nerves:lol: see if that works for ya .

LaNecia

Since I use mine daily, I transfer it to a smaller color applicator bottle and put it in the shower with me while I bathe, by the time I'm done it's ready too. ;)

God's Anointed

I remember using this oil as a pre-poo and it worked pretty well. I also remember someone posting that they used this on their scalp and got good growth from it so i'm gonna start doing this. What troubles me though is the smell. How are you guys dealing with the smell from this oil. Do you use something else to cover the smell or what? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cleve_gryl

God's Anointed said:
I remember using this oil as a pre-poo and it worked pretty well. I also remember someone posting that they used this on their scalp and got good growth from it so i'm gonna start doing this. What troubles me though is the smell. How are you guys dealing with the smell from this oil. Do you use something else to cover the smell or what? Thanks in advance for your responses.

I use mine everyday too, so I just run it under hot water in my sink then stop it up so it sits in warm water for a couple minutes. I love the smell personally :look:, it reminds me of soap...It doesn't last that long, after an hour or so it fades away.

God's Anointed

Cleve_gryl said:
I use mine everyday too, so I just run it under hot water in my sink then stop it up so it sits in warm water for a couple minutes. I love the smell personally :look:, it reminds me of soap...It doesn't last that long, after an hour or so it fades away.

Maybe the smell lasted for me because i used it with heat. Man, that smell was really strong...i was feeling self-conscious the whole day. Maybe next time i'll just use it on my scalp like some other ladies here have been doing, except this time without the heat!