using essential oils days before a touch-up

msjones

Hi Guys!

Stupid Question...

I just washed my hair (clarify, protein, deep-con) in preparation for self-relaxing on Wednesday. My scalp was super itchy, so instead of being bad and scratching, i mixed a few drops of essential peppermint oil into about a teaspoon of jojoba oil and applied to my scalp. I now have an amazing tingly feeling on my scalp and it no longer itches. However, I was wondering if I could still relax the new growth after applying peppermint oil. It seems like my pores are open or something.

Empress Yahudah

Pepermint oil does relax ur pores where the hair follicle is ... just dont put anymore on there or if u feel alittle noided then wash or co-wash it out and just leave out any esential oils before relaxing..I dont use them a full week before relaxing i just oil my scalp w/ Emu and Jojoba oil.. or any other carrier oil u feel

Sistaslick

Hi Guys!

Stupid Question...

I just washed my hair (clarify, protein, deep-con) in preparation for self-relaxing on Wednesday. My scalp was super itchy, so instead of being bad and scratching, i mixed a few drops of essential peppermint oil into about a teaspoon of jojoba oil and applied to my scalp. I now have an amazing tingly feeling on my scalp and it no longer itches. However, I was wondering if I could still relax the new growth after applying peppermint oil. It seems like my pores are open or something.

Nooooooooo! Girl your scalp is gonna be on FIYA!!!! I'd get another wash in before that relaxer somehow.