Update about Pastor Saeed

Blackpearl1993

Pastor Saeed has written a letter from the Iranian prison. There are now less than 15,000 petition signatures needed to get the U.N. involved in negotiating his release.

Here's the letter:

My Dear Friends,

The conditions here get so very difficult that my eyes get blurry, my body does not have the strength to walk, and my steps become very weak and shaky.

Various (bullying) groups, the psychological warfare, a year of not seeing my family, physical violence, actions committed to humiliate me, insults, being mocked, being confronted with extremists in the prison who create another prison within the prison walls, and the death threats…

It is interesting that because I am a Christian pastor, I am carefully watched. I am expected to smile at them despite what is being done and to understand why they are doing all of these things. But, of course, I can clearly see what is going on and because I want to serve God, I see all of these difficulties as golden opportunities and great doors to serve. There are empty containers who are thirsty for a taste of the Living Water and we can quench their thirst by giving them Jesus Christ. Maybe you are also in such a situation, so pray and seek God that He would use you and direct you in the pressures and difficulties of your lives.

There are those who are enemies of the Living Bible and do not want to hear. They are trying to put me under such horrific pressures (that are sometimes unbearable) so that they can show me that my faith is empty and not real. And after all of these pressures, after all of the nails they have pressed against my hands and feet, they are only waiting for one thing…for me to deny Christ. But they will never get this from me. This is why the Bible is Truth and they are in the way of destruction.

There is another group who does not know the Gospel of Truth. Instead of truly listening and meditating on God’s Word, they are just waiting to see how I react to all of their pressures and persecution. What will come out of me during these intense times? But again, this is another golden opportunity for me to shine the light of Christ in this dark world and to let God to use me.

Yesterday when I was singing worship songs, the head of my cell room attacked me in order to stop me from praising but in response I hugged him and showed him love. He was shocked.

It is during these harsh conditions, that I deeply need God’s Saving Grace so that I can be the fragrant scent of Christ in the dark house of Evin prison. I have often seen the Shining Morning Star in the darkness of this prison and I have seen His amazing and supernatural works. Oh, how beautiful is seeing the light of the Shining Morning Star of Christ in such evil darkness.

So:

See your golden opportunities in pressures and difficulties.
See the Shining Morning Star in the dark times of your life.
I Love Him! He is Gracious, Merciful, and Righteous to me. I now know that I have not been forgotten and that we are together in this path. God gives me Grace.
This is my message for the Church: Stay Strong for His Glory. He will come back soon! Be with God and give your best efforts for His kingdom.

Pastor Saeed, servant of Jesus Christ in chains for endurance of Gospel. I love you all.

Share his letter. Pray. Join over a quarter of a million others, and sig

BostonMaria

I received this today (I subscribe to the ACLJ) and I can't understand how this isn't in the news. It's barely mentioned at all. I will sign the petition and pray for his release.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

sweetvi

Wowwwwwwwww. .even in the midst of this. He is praising GOD

Christians..who wants to join me in praying and fasting for him?

momi

I received this today (I subscribe to the ACLJ) and I can't understand how this isn't in the news. It's barely mentioned at all. I will sign the petition and pray for his release.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I will also sign and have shared on my FB page. I've read that Congress has asked Kerry to get involved - I wonder what the precedent is in cases like this. Has the US intervened in the past?

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
It's good to see the petition surpassed its goal.. and building momentum. I've subscribed to ACLJ as well to keep updated...

momi

From Pastor Saeed's Facebook Updates Page:

Have a blessed 4th of July everyone!

I pray that today we would remember those whose liberty has been taken for the Gospel. I also know that if Saeed was here he would say to pray for those who are free, but are really in chains. Who need to find true liberty and happiness in our Lord Jesus Christ. Please pray for them and for our nation. That we would seek God, ask for His forgiveness and that He would heal our land.

Please pray for the Iranian people, that their desire for freedom would become a reality. That they would be able to free to chose their beliefs and religion, a basic human right. And that they would discover that true freedom that no one can take away is only found in relationship with God through forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ.

Today, please remember pastor Saeed who is in chains for the Gospel. He was proud to be an American citizen and misses America and the freedom it had given him to worship Jesus freely. I only pray and hope that our nation would stay that way and that we would seek God.

Galatians 5:13
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Laela

bumping..

Pain Increasing for American Pastor Saeed Abedini

By
Matthew Clark
Filed in:
IRAN
4:09 PM
Aug. 12, 2013
The Iranian family of American Pastor Saeed Abedini was once again able to visit him in Evin prison in Iran. Despite previous threats from Iranian authorities that they would cut off Pastor Saeed’s visitation, he was able to spend some brief time with his family in Iran earlier today.

Unfortunately, we have learned that Pastor Saeed’s internal injuries are causing him increased pain. Pastor Saeed has been suffering from internal bleeding – the results of intense beatings he has sustained in prison for his faith.

Recently, Iranian authorities allowed him to be treated by a doctor at a local hospital. Since that time, he has continued to take the medication he was prescribed. However, his pain has recently increased, to the point that on one occasion he fainted from the immense anguish.

This is a disturbing turn of events. It serves as a renewed reminder of the dangerous conditions Pastor Saeed faces in one of the world’s worst prisons.

Iran must see to it that Pastor Saeed is treated humanely and receives the critical medical attention he so desperately needs. He must be release from this torment for his Christian faith and be allowed to return home to receive medical attention in the United States and more importantly to be reunited with his loving family.

Even as Pastor Saeed suffers, Iran’s brutal crackdown on Christians continues. There are reports that three more Christians were just recently arrested without charge in Iran. Reportedly, they have been beaten, one to the point of being hospitalized. Another was recently convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison (by the same notorious judge who convicted and sentenced Saeed) for, among other things, membership in an “anti-security organization," i.e. a Christian church. Court documents obtained by an Iranian Christian media source show that he had previously been found guilty of “apostasy” (converting to Christianity).

It is vitally important that we highlight these situations. Pastor Saeed is the face of Christian persecution in Iran, but he is far from the only one. The ACLJ is preparing to launch new initiatives to highlight the persecuted church around the world and the work to expose their human rights abusers and shine light into the darkest corners of the globe.

We will continue to bring you updates on Pastor Saeed’s and these new efforts.

Please continue to pray for Pastor Saeed’s freedom, share his story and how your friends can take action at SaveSaeed.org, and learn more about the upcoming prayer vigils being sponsored around the globe on September 26th.

Laela

Getting into the biblical prophecies of Isaiah 17, Psalms 83 and Jeremiah 49, on what 's going on now in the Middle East..an Arab alliance poising to declare war against Israel. If anything, this man plight keeps the spotlight on that part of the world for those unawares. IMHO, he (and other Christians in Iran who seek to please God) is safe in the Hands of God, regardless. Praying for him to stay Focused!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
bumping..

Pain Increasing for American Pastor Saeed Abedini

By
Matthew Clark
Filed in:
IRAN
4:09 PM
Aug. 12, 2013
The Iranian family of American Pastor Saeed Abedini was once again able to visit him in Evin prison in Iran. Despite previous threats from Iranian authorities that they would cut off Pastor Saeed’s visitation, he was able to spend some brief time with his family in Iran earlier today.

Unfortunately, we have learned that Pastor Saeed’s internal injuries are causing him increased pain. Pastor Saeed has been suffering from internal bleeding – the results of intense beatings he has sustained in prison for his faith.

Recently, Iranian authorities allowed him to be treated by a doctor at a local hospital. Since that time, he has continued to take the medication he was prescribed. However, his pain has recently increased, to the point that on one occasion he fainted from the immense anguish.

This is a disturbing turn of events. It serves as a renewed reminder of the dangerous conditions Pastor Saeed faces in one of the world’s worst prisons.

Iran must see to it that Pastor Saeed is treated humanely and receives the critical medical attention he so desperately needs. He must be release from this torment for his Christian faith and be allowed to return home to receive medical attention in the United States and more importantly to be reunited with his loving family.

Even as Pastor Saeed suffers, Iran’s brutal crackdown on Christians continues. There are reports that three more Christians were just recently arrested without charge in Iran. Reportedly, they have been beaten, one to the point of being hospitalized. Another was recently convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison (by the same notorious judge who convicted and sentenced Saeed) for, among other things, membership in an “anti-security organization," i.e. a Christian church. Court documents obtained by an Iranian Christian media source show that he had previously been found guilty of “apostasy” (converting to Christianity).

It is vitally important that we highlight these situations. Pastor Saeed is the face of Christian persecution in Iran, but he is far from the only one. The ACLJ is preparing to launch new initiatives to highlight the persecuted church around the world and the work to expose their human rights abusers and shine light into the darkest corners of the globe.

We will continue to bring you updates on Pastor Saeed’s and these new efforts.

Please continue to pray for Pastor Saeed’s freedom, share his story and how your friends can take action at SaveSaeed.org, and learn more about the upcoming prayer vigils being sponsored around the globe on September 26th.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank you for the release and protection of this man to be home with his family, giving you all the glory, all the days of his life.

Thank you that he can no longer be hurt or imprisoned, but set free, alive and well and able to honour you freely.

I pray for all others who have been tortured and imprisoned, that your heart and ears and arms are open wide to move and act on their behalf. Nothing shall harm them nor keep them separated from you or their families...ever again.

We honour you, we bless you, we thank you with all of our hearts.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen and Amen.