Two-part thread question: a prayer need but someone else has bigger prayer need

PaperClip

So last week wasn't that great. Something very bad happened that is prompting me to cut this person out of my life. I can do out of sight, out of mind very well. (I know the opposite of love is not hate but indifference.)

So I did call my best sisterfriend (a mighty woman of God she is) and she talked me off the ledge. But I know I need to talk to somebody at length about this ongoing issue. I want to ask for prayer. But....

I heard somebody (a leader/preacher/pastor) talk about when you're going through and you need prayer but then when you have people coming to you to pray for them even though you're also standing in the need of prayer, what then? So this person basically said to pray for yourself.

I get that about praying for yourself. But when it is ok to ask for help?

And here's the other part: as BAD as last week was...and as BAD as that situation is, I know my life is GOLDEN...GOLDEN I say! compared to other folk. I have been told (and I mostly agree) that there are folk who would DIE to be in my place. I get it. The Lord's been good to me. I don't have as many responsibilities as the next person, so on and so forth. It's not my doing, it's the Lord's grace and mercy....

So when is it ok to ask for prayer? When is it ok to seek a listening ear? I'm not a punk and I don't want to look like a punk (I know, I see that pride, too).

When is it ok to ask for prayer?

Sounds like you are confused, and we all know who the author of confusion is. . . . the enemy is trying to trick you into thinking that you can't ask your Heavenly Father for anything. Trying to guilt you into keeping quiet. He is trying to make you feel unworthy to come before the throne and humbly ask for something. Ignore that old serpent and let your asking be from your heart.

I believe it is always ok to ask God for anything you "need" whether spiritual or physical or emotional. A part of the reason God created us was to be in relationship with him. A relationship consists of give and take, discourse, exchanges, love, support, and sometimes a helping hand. You help God out everyday by your posts on this forum and your prayers, and I am sure you do the same in your own life. Why would God turn you away for asking for something. God created you and chose you. Then at some point in your life you chose him and thus began the journey of being in agreement with him and being in his will. He is already blessing you like you stated, so .. . . .At this point, I would say to examine whether your prayer is selfish and empty or if it will help bolster up your faith so that you can be full when other people come to you in the need of prayer. Go for it! Shame the devil. He is a liar!

Hi, SN:

Thank you for responding....

When I was asking about asking for help, I meant HUMAN support.... asking a fellow human to pray for and with me. Apologies that I wasn't more clear about that.

The Bible says that we're to help bear each other's infirmities...the strong help the weak (Romans 15). But if everybody is going through and are weak, then who is strong enough to help?

There is never any reason for anyone to not ask for prayer. Life is what it is and if I have a need, it's for prayer first for that is where our deliverance comes from and no other source.

You're not wrong to ask for prayer. It keeps you strong for life and for those who come to you. FS/RR you know as well as I do, that God word says we are to pray for one another. We get dtrained, burned out, and filtered out with the stresses of this life and this world.

So in a heartbeat............I have no problem asking someone to pray for me. And I see you no less of a strong woman of God because you feel you need to ask for prayer as well. Too many times, we have not because we ask not....

it is ok to ask for help?

ALWAYS..:yep:

don't think because you try to censor out the "unacceptable prayer" from the really "righteous one" that the Lord has'nt already known
and probably answered ...it's heart ..not the mind..

and if there is spiritual unknowing in the prayer...well....Jesus gave us an advocate!
the Holy Sprit is already translating what we can't even fathom or struggle to process as proper prayer

remember... you cannot censor your heart ..that is true prayer
Our Lord sees the heart and has the answer ready before the mouth...has formed the words

Be blessed,lovely!

Jesus said, "Men ought always to pray and not lose heart" (Luke 18:1)

Romans 8:26-27. Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words.

You do not have because you do not ask."

Last edited:
Back