Treatments post relaxer..

Neroli

I do a hard core protein followed by deep moisturizing conditioner. If my budget allows, I do the following: wash with nexxus therapee, treat with nexxus emergencee, followed by nexxus humectress with plastic cap for at least 30 minutes for a deep moisturizing conditioner. If no money then: creme of nature shampoo, aphogee protein, any cholesteral moisturizing conditioner for 30 minutes.

LABETT

I always do a heavy duty protein treatment two weeks post relaxer and one week before with Dudley's DRC 28 and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner to strengthen my hair back after the relaxing process.
Protein treatment are okay and very good for your hair.
I use milder protein treatment too.

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
Lovelylocs said:
so then protein treatments are okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

It works great for my 4b hair. I do the hard core proteins the wash before and the wash after touchup in order to add strength. Relaxers break down the protein bonds in the hair and I think doing hard core proteins before and after "boost" hair ability to withstand the process with minimum damage. I do soft core proteins (aubrey GPB or nexxus keraphix) about every 3 weeks. All other times, I focus on moisturizing conditioners.

dreemssold

I know that you should NOT get an aphogee within the first 2 weeks after a relaxer. HTH

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
I know that you should NOT get an aphogee within the first 2 weeks after a relaxer. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

I do either an aphogee or emergencee 5-7 days after relaxer -- been doing that for at 3 years with no ill effects. I have 4b hair, affirm lye relaxer. So far, so great. . .