Transitioners, are you excited about the changes? What are your planning to do?

la flaca

I'm getting so excited ladies, I'm over half a year and I can't wait to see how my hair is gonna look around this time next year.
My hair is not long enough to my like to be able to cut the relaxed ends, so I'm planing on getting a new haircut and have fun with short hair.

This is my first chance to rock a really short hairdo:grin:

Here are some styles:

http://gimps.de/pictures/269-Hairstyles-for-Short-Hair

http://gimps.de/pictures/272-Short-Celebrity-Hairstyles
What do ya'll think? What are your plans?

Last edited:
I'm transitioning, and back a couple of months I was thinking of cutting my relaxed hair short into a cute do while I grew out more natural roots, but I sweat too much in my head and the style would not last longer than 1 hr max (especially in the summer). It would have been a waste for me, beacuse I NEED to have my hair at a length where I can snatch it back into a pony/puff thingy.
But shoot, do you girl. Enjoy!:)

I'm 11 1/2 months into my transition. My plan is to have a very long transition and starting trimming the relaxed ends when I'm really ready. I'll just keep doing twistouts and braidouts. I plan to buy a flat iron soon also, as soon as there's a good sale at Ulta or Trade Secret or on folica.com.

Yep!:yep: 20 weeks post and excited about how my natural hair is growing in. This will be my second and final time going natural, so I know how my natural hair looks and behaves. I'm excited about trying all the new products, techniques and treatments I've learned about since joining LHCF which I believe will allow me to wear my hair in it's natural state more often.

I am not planning on cutting as I've grown attached to my current APL length hair and plan on having long natural hair. I'm in the transition for the long haul, so I'm really at the very very beginning, but still excited none the less!:grin:

I've started this journey and I am in for the long haul... but it seems my hair has a different idea... I've been doing braid outs since June...its only August...last relaxer I want to say was the beginning of May...so since May I'm thinking I can cut relaxed...but it dont seem like I have any relaxed hair...the relaxers werent takin it was like my hair was saying "NO MORE CHEMICALS" ... So now I'm on the freedom train..freedom from being a chemical hair slave, freedom from being spiritually bound up... just freedom in general! and so far ...Its been a blessing!

This is my first time going natural. I have no idea what to expect but I guess its a learning process. I don't plan on cutting my relaxed ends at all. I just have to be extra careful that they don't break off! Ive noticed that my new growth is not as kinky as I expected. Its very soft...is that due to daily co washing?

So here is my "transition position" just took the braids out... gotta scrub the hair, scalp is clean...and my hair smells like Oyin and CD Tui Leave In :) ...
n32202850_31312253_2355.jpg

n32202850_31312254_3505.jpg

I am very exited about the change. I have been natural most of my life and I can't wait to get back to my natural tresses. Relaxers are definitely not for me.
I'm currently 46 weeks post (ca. 10.5 months) and like many others, I'm in i for the long haul.

Happy Nappy Journey Ladies!

I don't want to do the famous BC, but I think that the longer my hair gets with both texture the harder will be to get to my goal. If it's hard to cut 4 inches now, I can't imagine cutting it back to my neck after I get to bra-strap length.

I don't want to do the famous BC, but I think that the longer my hair gets with both texture the harder will be to get to my goal. If it's hard to cut 4 inches now, I can't imagine cutting it back to my neck after I get to bra-strap length.

That's EXACTLY how I am. I'm just going to do whatever I have to do to make it possible. I want to transition until my natural hair reaches shoulder lenght. People laugh in my face when I say it but I'm really going to.. attempt it. I'm sure others attempted it but .... I really have a big refusal to BC'ing before then. Its either I don't or I just perm again lol.

Right now all I need is to find a very good moisturizer while transitioning and a good hair style the help prevent the hair coming out while detangling/cowashing. i need my front ends shiny and moist. other than that im so anxious and excited... i like running my fingers over curls little three month curls

I wish you ladies all the success in your transition to natural hair, I am a person to just BC, But most of the women who bc and start with very short natural hair end up relaxing again due to frustration and length, because when you BC you have to wear that Twa for a very long time, and most cannot afford to get braids etc. So I think everyone should try to transition before doing a BC, It is very exciting at first but then that fade away. I didn't transition because I was impatient and wanted my natural hair out LOL!! But the only thing for me is styles, I can't do anything right now, But as soon as I can cornrow it, I will be putting in a sew in weave LOL!!

Good Luck Ladies!!!

That's EXACTLY how I am. I'm just going to do whatever I have to do to make it possible. I want to transition until my natural hair reaches shoulder lenght. People laugh in my face when I say it but I'm really going to.. attempt it. I'm sure others attempted it but .... I really have a big refusal to BC'ing before then. Its either I don't or I just perm again lol.

Right now all I need is to find a very good moisturizer while transitioning and a good hair style the help prevent the hair coming out while detangling/cowashing. i need my front ends shiny and moist. other than that im so anxious and excited... i like running my fingers over curls little three month curls
Same here. My natural hair will be at least shoulder length before I cut any of my relaxed hair.

I cut my hair to ear length and I'm aprox 20wks into this transition. So far, so hell! I read about all these smooth transitions and wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if my texture is just from out of this world. So in 1 weeks time, and that's just because I couldn't get an earlier booking, I'll be in braids of some sort for the the long run.

I am super duper excited (can't you tell) about my transition. On Sept. 1, it will be seven months since I had a relaxer. I have been natural all of my life but since moving to the boonies three years ago I broke down and got a relaxer two years ago. Something I said I would never do. But here I am doing my first transition. I was always in love with my thick natural versitile hair but in the south they either want you to be a die hard natural (locks, no press and curl or flat iron) or relaxed. I am not knocking any of you naturals out there with the comment above. I just want to be me again and I didn't feel that I was + there was more upkeep to be done since my hair was relaxed and all the stylist that did my hair never educated me with the relaxer (moisture+protein =healthy hair), they told me to grease my scalp and areas where the a previous stylist did my hair broke off, the one that I went to said it wouldn't grow back. Ok I am ranting sorry about that.

Back