Too Much Heat This Week...What Can I Do To Help?

wyldcurlz

this week i've used lots and lots of flat irons, curling irons and pressing combs and blow-fryers (and wearing my hair down/out.) what can i do over the next few days to "help" my hair out? before the next (and last, for now) round of heat (which begins Wednesday nite, but ends friday?) protein treatments? or just lots of deep conditioning treats? any recommendations? i'm still trying to grow my hair out - at least 5 more inches.

i've had a lot of parties and celebrations leading up to a good friend's wedding which is why my hair has gone thru such abuse this week. i want it to recover from any/all the damage done. my hair seems to hate heat - i get baby split ends whenever i use heat.

Artemis

I'd say one medium protein treatment and lots of deep conditioning, followed by a protective style until that next heat day (which I hope is a wash/dc day;) ).

HTH

Iansan

artemis_e. said:
I'd say one medium protein treatment and lots of deep conditioning, followed by a protective style until that next heat day (which I hope is a wash/dc day;) ).

HTH

I would agree with this and would advise to use a good heat protectant serum the next time you use heat.

I would wash as often as possible to quench your hair, then follow up with moisturizing conditioners. Deep treatments with heat are even better. If you can baggy at night and definately apply moisturizers to your ends twice a day. CHI Silk Infusion seems to be a very good heat protectant.

Maksi

SerenityBreeze said:
I would wash as often as possible to quench your hair, then follow up with moisturizing conditioners. Deep treatments with heat are even better. If you can baggy at night and definately apply moisturizers to your ends twice a day. CHI Silk Infusion seems to be a very good heat protectant.

Sounds good. Think I'll try it.