Today is My Lucky Day!

-Angie-

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to share the wonderful washing experience I had today!

I did a pre-poo with Amla and Coconut Oils. I washed 1x with my new Shakakai bar and immediately upon rinsing, I could feel a difference. I mean I could really feel a difference! it wasn't a stripped/damaged feeling, it was a good/soft/clean feeling! I'm so excited! I think I'm throwing ALL my other shampoos away!!!

I then applied my ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pack. This was my first time using it! OMG, I love the way it feels and how you can see the shine as soon as you apply it. I topped that off with Nexxus Humectress and got under the heat cap.

Normally, I would have to deal with tangles and shedding.....not today :grin:!

Thanks ladies, it's all because of you!

Two thumbs up for:
Shakakai Bar
ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pack
Nexxus Humectress

nisha2004

Awh i'm glad you had such a good washing experience. I need to jump on that shikakai bar too! What brand did you buy? Girl i feel your excitement!

MissMeWithThatIsh

We sell ORS on base for .95 a pack... maybe I should buy all of them for myself.. as I've never tried it, but everyone seems to love it.

My Shikaikai will be here next week...

And I hated Humectress in the past, but you have me ready to try it again!

BeautifulFlower

I used my shampoo bar today too. Big difference in moisture and hair loss when I flat ironed. BIG DIFFERENCE. Sooooo good. Congrats!

almondjoi85

I used my shikakai bar today too after doing some laps at the pool and man oh man! I love the way it makes my hair feel...I'm not too pleased with the smell, but my hair feels great!

KaramelDiva1978

Angie,

Glad you love it, isn't that shampoo/conditioner off the chain?? I went to a BSS on the other side of town and was so glad they sold ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner by the bottle. I bought 24 oz. for $10.99. I could have been getting my money's worth a long time ago as many times as I've bought the individual packs.

I also did oil prepoos last week, shikakai and aritha tea rinse, shikakai bar and deep conditioner and it still feels so good on the hair.

-Angie-

Angie,

Glad you love it, isn't that shampoo/conditioner off the chain?? I went to a BSS on the other side of town and was so glad they sold ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner by the bottle. I bought 24 oz. for $10.99. I could have been getting my money's worth a long time ago as many times as I've bought the individual packs.

I also did oil prepoos last week, shikakai and aritha tea rinse, shikakai bar and deep conditioner and it still feels so good on the hair.

Hey KaramelDiva,

WHAT! :grin: They sell ORS OO Replenishing by the bottle? I haven't been to the BSS in a couple of months....I'm trying to control my habit :lachen:.

I'll definitely be up in there tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

Angie

-Angie-

I just received my package from indianblend.com today which included two bars of the Shikakai with Marigold and Jaswand! I am hoping that my experience will be just as good as yours!!!!

Please let me know your results!

tricie

Here, here! I am loving the shikaikai soap too! Glad to hear it is working so well for you! :)

pear

To Angie or anyone else who have used this particular brand of Shikakai soap (the one with Jaswand and Merigold) does it lather well and should I just concentrate on my scalp or distribute the lather throughout my hair? Also did your hair feel dry or stripped in any way before deep conditioning?

Sorry for all the questions but this is the first time I will be using this type of product and I am a little nervous. My hair will rebel in a heartbeat if it encounters the wrong product (mind goes back to the Nexxus Phyto Organics disaster). :wallbash:

pear

Please let me know your results!

Well I finally got around to using the shikakai soap this weekend and I loooooooooooooooove it! I see what others have said about how it makes your hair feel coated or as someone said "like some sort of force field" is around your hair strands.

The only issue is that I think that I probably should have used a different deep conditioner. I used the ORS pack and for some reason it just hasn't been working for me like other people rave about. I've tried it 3 times and always end up with build up.

I did the saran wrap technique and finished my hair off with some sweet almond oil that I ordered through indianblend. My hair is VERY happy at the moment. :yep: