To the Ladies Who Wear Your Hair Down, How Does Your Hair Hang?

How Does Your Hair Hang or Fall When You Wear it Down?

• My hair always falls down my back

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • My hair falls in the front and back

Votes: 50 73.5%
  • Other (please explain in post)

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Isis

Does your hair fall behind your shoulders and down your back? Or with the sides falling down the front? Which do you prefer and why?

My hair has been falling in the front, sides and back, mainly as a result of my rollersetting. I attempted a cross-wrap for a party yesterday (on dry hair) but I wasn't sure if I liked the way it hung on me. It's looks so beautiful on many of the ladies here. Maybe I just wasn't used to it--I'll have to do this again. I ended up wearing a side ponytail with bouncy curls that looked very glamorous. :gorgeous:

So how does your hair hang or fall when you wear your hair down? Have you ever changed the way it falls? If so, how did you change it? :headspin:

My hair tends to fall to the front and to the sides....I like how it looks from the front but not the back. Usually I either have to wear a headband or pin the front up some type of way to make it fall to the back.

When I style it and leave home, it's hanging in the back. By the time I get to church, find my seat and get my DH and daughter situated, the right side is in the front and the rest is in the back. My preference is to sweep all of my hair back, and let it all hang back there. My the time it's BSL, that's the way I'll wear it.

my hair falls to the front and i do not like it....i want it to get to a length that it will automatically fall to the back.

The very front pieces (which are shorter) tend to fall to the front, while the rest hangs in the back. If I am sitting on the sofa or a chair just chilling, i habitually move all the hair to the front. Not only does it look better this way, but im also protecting the ends/back from rubbing against the sofa/chair or getting caught in anything. But if Im just walking, moving out regularly, i let it remain to the back, flowing and bouncing as i walk.

it falls to the sides and to the back. even if i remove my parts and push it straight backk w/ my hands it still comes back to the sides...

In recent months my hair falls to the back (unless it's rollerset then it falls all around). I try to put some in the front when it's straight, but it won't stay. I guess my front has grown out :ohwell:.

My hair is all one length (BSL), and it hangs on my back, which I prefer, when I wear it straight. To maintain this look, I make a short, left-sided part, going back about 1-1/2". Then, using a wide-toothed comb, I "rake" the front and sides of my hair toward my back. Lastly, I tie my hair down with a scarf, which seems to "set" my hair in this position.

I have noticed, too, that as my hair has grown longer, it tends to stay on my back w/o my having to constantly move it from the front.

ETA: Now, if I'm wearing a curly rollerset, my hair tends to bounce at the front, sides and back...I love that feeling.

Last edited:
My hair is all one length (BSL), and it hangs on my back, which I prefer, when I wear it straight. To maintain this look, I make a short, left-sided part, going back about 1-1/2". Then, using a wide-toothed comb, I "rake" the front and sides of my hair toward my back. Lastly, I tie my hair down with a scarf, which seems to "set" my hair in this position.

I have noticed, too, that as my hair has grown longer, it tends to stay on my back w/o my having to constantly move it from the front.

ETA: Now, if I'm wearing a curly rollerset, my hair tends to bounce at the front, sides and back...I love that feeling.
Thanks for sharing your technique. I haven't worn my hair straight yet and I'll be sure to see if I can "set" my hair to go back using your method. Although my hair is long, the rollersets do prevent it from hanging in the back. I too love it and I also want to experience something different. :)

The very front pieces (which are shorter) tend to fall to the front, while the rest hangs in the back. If I am sitting on the sofa or a chair just chilling, i habitually move all the hair to the front. Not only does it look better this way, but im also protecting the ends/back from rubbing against the sofa/chair or getting caught in anything. But if Im just walking, moving out regularly, i let it remain to the back, flowing and bouncing as i walk.
This is a very good point. :yep: I do this at the movie theaters if I don't have an extra satin scarf to place over the back of the seat. :look:

When I used to wrap my hair, it would fall to the sides and back. Now that I don't, it all falls back. Even when I tried to wrap my hair and make it look wrapped, it still didn't fall right :ohwell:

My hair falls to the sides and back naturally but if I style it so it all goes to the back, it will stay unless it's windy or something. I usually style it so that the right side falls to the front and the rest to the back. I just think that style looks better on me.

Ditto, but all of my hair falls in the back.
I also always push my hair to the front when I'm in the subway or in the sofa to protect my ends :)

ok that makes sense why mine falls to the front then, bc the front is shorter than the back. I guess it will be another year before it grows out completely.

My hair falls to the front, but I like it that way.
When I wear jackets or shirts with high collars it all goes back...even the shorter sides.

One thing I didn't like when my hair was about collarbone length was that the back middle part would flip up for some stupid reason. Now that it is a little longer it doesn't do that anymore. Thank heavens!

As much length as I have acquired, my hair always wants to fall forward, I am forever putting it behind my ears to keep it in place so it would hang in the back ...:perplexed...

RZ~

When I used to wrap my hair, it would fall to the sides and back. Now that I don't, it all falls back. Even when I tried to wrap my hair and make it look wrapped, it still didn't fall right :ohwell:

CONGRATULATIONS, KIESHA! YOUR HAIR LOOKS WONDERFUL! WAY TO GROW!!!! :grin:

my hair falls down the back and to the sides. my mother i think trained my hair when i was very young. from her being a stylist and always styling it in the way that it continues to fall now.

you have to train the hair and a good cut never hurts either.

To the back and behind my ears. I have acne so my hair absolutely cannont be in my face. I've been styling to the back since I was a teenager, so it appears to be 'trained' that way...

My hair falls to the sides and back but I always sweep it all to the back or to the side. Once, I'm bs and longer everything will be pulled to the back:grin:

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Can someone help me find the thread posted two days ago with the girl
with waist length long hair. I could have sworn the thread title was I want long hair like hers. However, nothing comes up! I want to show people cause they don't beleive me! Thanks!:nono:

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Can someone help me find the thread posted two days ago with the girl
with waist length long hair. I could have sworn the thread title was I want long hair like hers. However, nothing comes up! I want to show people cause they don't beleive me! Thanks!:nono:

Why don't you do a search for Pokahontas or Cichelle. They both are at waistlength.

HTH

When my hair is freshly straightened, it has lots of movement and falls easily to the front, which I like. As the week goes on and my hair stiffens up a bit from my natural scalp oils, it easily hangs down in the back, behind my ears. I prefer to keep it over the front of my shoulders because it's protective and looks better (sexy and full). :gorgeous: But when I'm working, I like it hanging in the back, away from my face.

Front fall toward shoulders and back falls down toward my back.. I'm always flipping the front toward the back but it always find its way back toward my shoulders :ohwell:

Front fall toward shoulders and back falls down toward my back.. I'm always flipping the front toward the back but it always find its way back toward my shoulders :ohwell:

Mines falls like this to. I get so annoyed. It doesn't help that I have a part down the center of my hair. I may have to find a different way to "train" my hair.

Back