To perm to not to perm

classi123

I am getting a perm 2morrow, and I was wondering if its possible to do an egg treatment to strengthen my hair after the perm is washed out and neutralized? I plan on a getting an install soon, but I want to perm my hair because it hasnt been permed in months and im afraid of breakage. Or should i just wash and egg treat (egg, olive oil and condish mix) my hair, do the install and hold off on perming? Im hiding my hair all winter, but I wanna take care of my strands with out breakage. Plz help.

mscocoface

Just my humble opinion but if you are hiding you hair all winter why put a serious process on your hair then add an install? Are you covering your whole head with the install, if so,I would hold off on the relaxer and just do the install.

You won't be manimuplating your hair with the two textures so it should be okay once you remove your install. You would still have two different textures anyway when you removed the install becaus your hair will have grown during your protective styling.

classi123

Thanks!! I was thinking that, someone was telling me perm it or else it will break, but I was thinking it isnt any need since im not wearing it out. I am having all my hair braided up, nothing will be left out.

I think im going to jus take it out, do a deep treatment and just put the install back in. Thanks!

Just my humble opinion but if you are hiding you hair all winter why put a serious process on your hair then add an install? Are you covering your whole head with the install, if so,I would hold off on the relaxer and just do the install.

You won't be manimuplating your hair with the two textures so it should be okay once you remove your install. You would still have two different textures anyway when you removed the install becaus your hair will have grown during your protective styling.

shunemite

No, don't perm it. Your hair won't break if you leave it untreated. You can just do a nice DC, detangle, and lightly blow dry to remove any kinks so they don't yank at your hair. Sometimes if you don't blow dry it yourself, they will use their own blow dryer and start with the smallest toothed comb from the roots. Very unsettling feeling.

I say when in doubt, don't do it.
Like Ms. Cocoface said, if you're hiding it, you might as well just skip the perm til tiy're ready to wear your hair out.

classi123

Thanks! I am going to do that 2morrow than. I appreciate it!!

No, don't perm it. Your hair won't break if you leave it untreated. You can just do a nice DC, detangle, and lightly blow dry to remove any kinks so they don't yank at your hair. Sometimes if you don't blow dry it yourself, they will use their own blow dryer and start with the smallest toothed comb from the roots. Very unsettling feeling.

shunemite

(If you know this already, I apologize but.......)

Oh!!! When you take down your sew in. DO NOT shampoo it before you detangle it! I just wanna warn you before hand. I lost hair like this from braids like 4 years ago, I think it was, and Ateeya on youtube just lost some too. What happened was the new growth shrunk in the shower, the relaxed hair was wet, and it locked up into one dread lock. Ever since then, when I wash hair out of extensions, I use the crown and glory method where I braid it up first and wash it in like 4 large braids. Oh my gosh, if I had only known that earlier, coz now I'm able to stretch for up to 8 months.

classi123

THANKS!!!

Thats always happen to me and I end up cutting out my hair because I cant deal with it, thanks for that suggestion!

(If you know this already, I apologize but.......)

Oh!!! When you take down your sew in. DO NOT shampoo it before you detangle it! I just wanna warn you before hand. I lost hair like this from braids like 4 years ago, I think it was, and Ateeya on youtube just lost some too. What happened was the new growth shrunk in the shower, the relaxed hair was wet, and it locked up into one dread lock. Ever since then, when I wash hair out of extensions, I use the crown and glory method where I braid it up first and wash it in like 4 large braids. Oh my gosh, if I had only known that earlier, coz now I'm able to stretch for up to 8 months.