To my fellow Uk'ers I need your help.

growinmyhair

Hi ladies, i am planning on opening my own business before the end of this year selling hair and beauty products, i feel its time to go back to work since my son has started school now, i would really appreciate it if you ladies would help me with some market research. below i have listed some questions, oh and i will be based in either walsall or Wolverhampton, haven't decided yet. :ohwell: i have listed questions below TIA:yep:

1.What hair products would you like to use but cannot get in your local hair and beauty store/stall?

2.Would you like to see more natural hair products, if so please state what types and what brands?

3.Do you think the black hair care has sufficient products for customers to use?

YES
NO

4.What brand of hair and beauty products do you currently use?

5.How much would you normally spend each month on your hair from a hair and beauty store/stall?

6.What would you like to see more of in a hair and beauty store?

Lyoness

1.What hair products would you like to use but cannot get in your local hair and beauty store/stall?

Sabino moisture block
Beyond the zone noodle head
Giavanni range

2.Would you like to see more natural hair products, if so please state what types and what brands?

Shea butter, amino acids (stuff that can be used to make your own products)

3.Do you think the black hair care has sufficient products for customers to use?

YES - until you read about another product on the boards you can't find!
NO

A mixture including non black directed products

5.How much would you normally spend each month on your hair from a hair and beauty store/stall?

£10-15

Accessories

HTH's!

Amethyst85

Shea moisture shea butter leave-in
Beyond the zone noodle head- only sold in sallys
CHI products- only sold in sallys
Qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream
Kinky curly curling custard
Pantene R&N breakage defense mask
Sabino moisture block
Elucence moisture balancing conditioner
Miss Jessies products
Curls products
Blended beauty- always sold out on natural frizz
Suave

There are only a few online stores selling some of these products and they are always sold out or very expensive.

Yes, more pure oils and butters (e.g. shea butter, avocado butter, jojoba oil) available from a hair store so you can buy them when you get hair products instead of having to buy them separately online.

YES, but some good products are not widely available.

ORS, S-CURL, Lustrasilk, Fantasia IC- From local BSS
Blended beauty, CHI products, mixed chicks, BTZ noodlehead- online or from sallys

around £20. My hair is very thick so i use a lot of conditioner and leave-in products.

More natural products without all the added chemicals, products that are only available in the US, cheap conditioners for cowashes

Are you planning on opening an online store?

alundra

Addicted to jdramas

Mizani, Keracare, and Aveda!

N/A?

NO

Aveda mostly, but I'm going to go to Keracare for a leave-in and detangler.

£60 a trip for Aveda

Things like flexi-8 rods, silk scarves... things I don't want to order online with my American debit card. I actually want to buy these in the UK.

For the note I live in the West Midlands and can get to Walsall or Wolverhampton easily!

growinmyhair

Mizani, Keracare, and Aveda!

N/A?

NO

Aveda mostly, but I'm going to go to Keracare for a leave-in and detangler.

£60 a trip for Aveda

Things like flexi-8 rods, silk scarves... things I don't want to order online with my American debit card. I actually want to buy these in the UK.

For the note I live in the West Midlands and can get to Walsall or Wolverhampton easily!
Brilliant potential customer, i will let you guys now when i'm up an running, and i will definitely try to get all of the products mentioned in this thread so far.:yep:

hothair

1.What hair products would you like to use but cannot get in your local hair and beauty store/stall? Got everything but badly wanted Curlformers, Dom products, BT, Shescent it etc - products reviewed on the board but you have to order from the states

2.Would you like to see more natural hair products, if so please state what types and what brands? Giovanni products at a decent price

YES
NO I say NO because I've never (even pre-LHCF) just stuck to Black hair products and tend to go to stores that carry a mix of both

4.What brand of hair and beauty products do you currently use? Aveda, Nexxus, ORS, Giovanni, Eqyss, Dom products, Joico, Loreal and Indian Products (Vatika & Shikakai)

Not monthly but every few weeks 6-8 btw £30-£100+ (hair extensions make it more)

6.What would you like to see more of in a hair and beauty store?[/quote]
Oils, Dominican products, colour both temporary rinses and permanent shades geared toward dark hair (not necessarily black people)

ETA: I think you should also look into those clip-in extensions my friend has an extension line and they do very well with other races too...

Last edited:

growinmyhair

Shea moisture shea butter leave-in
Beyond the zone noodle head- only sold in sallys
CHI products- only sold in sallys
Qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream
Kinky curly curling custard
Pantene R&N breakage defense mask
Sabino moisture block
Elucence moisture balancing conditioner
Miss Jessies products
Curls products
Blended beauty- always sold out on natural frizz
Suave

There are only a few online stores selling some of these products and they are always sold out or very expensive.

Yes, more pure oils and butters (e.g. shea butter, avocado butter, jojoba oil) available from a hair store so you can buy them when you get hair products instead of having to buy them separately online.

YES, but some good products are not widely available.

ORS, S-CURL, Lustrasilk, Fantasia IC- From local BSS
Blended beauty, CHI products, mixed chicks, BTZ noodlehead- online or from sallys

around £20. My hair is very thick so i use a lot of conditioner and leave-in products.

More natural products without all the added chemicals, products that are only available in the US, cheap conditioners for cowashes

Are you planning on opening an online store?
Yes, i will also have an online store, but that will probably be around mid next year.

growinmyhair

1.What hair products would you like to use but cannot get in your local hair and beauty store/stall? Got everything but badly wanted Curlformers, Dom products, BT, Shescent it etc - products reviewed on the board but you have to order from the states

2.Would you like to see more natural hair products, if so please state what types and what brands? Giovanni products at a decent price

YES
NO I say NO because I've never (even pre-LHCF) just stuck to Black hair products and tend to go to stores that carry a mix of both

4.What brand of hair and beauty products do you currently use? Aveda, Nexxus, ORS, Giovanni, Eqyss, Dom products, Joico, Loreal and Indian Products (Vatika & Shikakai)

Not monthly but every few weeks 6-8 btw £30-£100+ (hair extensions make it more)

Oils, Dominican products, colour both temporary rinses and permanent shades geared toward dark hair (not necessarily black people)

ETA: I think you should also look into those clip-in extensions my friend has an extension line and they do very well with other races too...
Thank you hothair, i will definitely look in to this.

carib_n_curly

please please tell me your going to be in east London

Dominican products,Mizani,CHI,Silk elements,cantu,blended beauty,mixed chicks,[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Jane Carter Solution,kinky curly custard[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

sheabutter,ALL the oils in the world;jojoba,hazel nut,neetle,horse tail.....

YES
NO

silk elements megasilk leave in,african pride braid spray,VO5,DOVE,tresemme,coconut oil

£15 easy

more product with out petroluem anc chemicals

Sequoia

My answers are below.

Curls products, Aubrey Organics conditioners (though can usually order online from a UK shop),Qhemet Biologics, CHI silk-infusion, Biolage, Miss jessie's, Jane Carter Solutions, Suave conditioners, VO5 strawberries conditioner

2.Would you like to see more natural hair products, if so please state what types and what brands? YES! shea butter and, as listed above, Aubrey organics, Qhemet Biologics, Jane Carter

YES- but not maybe not enough natural products or products geared towards natural hair
NO

Nexxus, Keracare, ORS, CON
Qhemet's, Curls, Aubrey Organics- mostly ordered online

I'm not consistent. Maybe an average of £10/20 a month?

Natural/ better quality products; pure ingredients that can be used to make own mixes like SAA, Jamaican Black castor oil etc ( but that's only because of things I've learnt on LHCF).

Good customer service- helpful advice on picking hair products for your hair type

Oh, and Ouchless hair bands, bone combs, denman brushes, accessories.

Last edited:

juju

Will there also be an onlinewebshop so that other ladies living across europe can shop too ?

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
Best of luck grow, I am around the Dudley area (well sort of) and I will def go to your shop!!

sweetwhispers

Hi ladies, i am planning on opening my own business before the end of this year selling hair and beauty products, i feel its time to go back to work since my son has started school now, i would really appreciate it if you ladies would help me with some market research. below i have listed some questions, oh and i will be based in either walsall or Wolverhampton, haven't decided yet. :ohwell: i have listed questions below TIA:yep:

Anita Grant/Qhemet, all the popular natural lines really

Hair butters and natural shampoos like Aubreys etc

YES- But if your going for the natural route not always the best. I think conditioners is one area black haircare lacks

Lustrasilk,ORS,Eternal beauty- rosewater/glycerine/

£15-30

more natural, more international products.

GodsGrace

I don't know where walsall or wolverhampton is, i hope it's not far from me.

A lot of American products that are hard to get, like NTM (Neutrogena Triple Moisture) Giovanni Direct-leave in, Kenra products. Also Dominican products like Silicon Mix and Miss Keys 10-en-1

I'm not natural, but I would love to get my hands on some shea butter

YES but it depends on where you live, so you might have to travel some
NO

Girl, almost everything, Keracare, Creme of Nature, Nexxus, Biolage, Queen Helene, ORS, Mizani, Elasta QP, Dark and Lovely, Profectiv.....:look:

Anywhere from 20-40 pounds. But I only go every couple months now.

Different types and size rollers, that seems to be my problem now, I can't find the big grey rollers anywhere.

Congrats on your store, I hope it's a huge success!:grin: You know you gotta let us know when it's opening right?

ToyToy

1.What hair products would you like to use but cannot get in your local hair and beauty store/stall? I'd really be interested in being able to receive Qhemet Biologics and Karen's Body Beautiful products here.

2.Would you like to see more natural hair products, if so please state what types and what brands? Yes!! Please see above, and Jane Carter Solutions

YES

4.What brand of hair and beauty products do you currently use? Aveda, KeraCare

5.How much would you normally spend each month on your hair from a hair and beauty store/stall? In a quarter, maybe around £20-£30. My hair is in braids most of the time.

More products geared towards natural hair.

growinmyhair

I don't know where walsall or wolverhampton is, i hope it's not far from me. aww im sorry sweetie, i will be based in the west midlands... but i will eventually have an online business too, if that's any help.:yep:

Different types and size rollers, that seems to be my problem now, I can't find the big grey rollers anywhere. i will look in to these as i want to sell lots of accessories

Congrats on your store, I hope it's a huge success!:grin: You know you gotta let us know when it's opening right?
Thank you so much, i will definitely let you know when i open the online business, since you live in london.:yep::grin: