TIME TO SERIOUSLY PRAY AND SEEK GOD'S FACE FOR THIS COUNTRY

Nice & Wavy

Osama Bin Laden's death has just opened up a portal of hatred that will explode throughout this world. The people that love him, will go all out to cause havoc.

We must pray...and seek God's face for this nation.

May the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, be with us and protect us and keep us, in Jesus name. Amen.

Almaz

Well I read the Arabic papers and not so many people loved him as they world and the media would like one to believe. Most of the people did NOT like him because he after a while were hindering their rights to live as full human beings too. I was in Afghanistan in 2003 working and most of the people DID NOT LIKE HIM. But they were afraid to say so in public and went along with the Okey Doke cause they were scared of the Death that would follow them. I am intested to see what the Arab and Persian Media is going to say about this. I wonder how Joe Abdul on the Street is going to think about this I am sure a lot of people over there are going to be relieved especially the oppressed women that have to live under him and the people that has his thought process.

People over there are tired and that is the reason for all the uprisings in the Middle East

I pray to Hashem for the whole world to heal

runwaydream

Well I read the Arabic papers and not so many people loved him as they world and the media would like one to believe. Most of the people did NOT like him because he after a while were hindering their rights to live as full human beings too. I was in Afghanistan in 2003 working and most of the people DID NOT LIKE HIM. But they were afraid to say so in public and went along with the Okey Doke cause they were scared of the Death that would follow them. I am intested to see what the Arab and Persian Media is going to say about this. I wonder how Joe Abdul on the Street is going to think about this I am sure a lot of people over there are going to be relieved especially the oppressed women that have to live under him and the people that has his thought process.

People over there are tired and that is the reason for all the uprisings in the Middle East

damn almaz. you stay droppin knowledge. i didn't know that at all, but i can definitely believe it.

Nice & Wavy

Thank you for your post.

Almaz

I SO SO SO SO SO CO-sign on the praying I really do cause we should have all been doing that a long time ago but everyone seems to be worried about where someone was born. NOW if he is dead HE did something that Bush could NOT do

FINISH the JOB

Thank you for your post.

Nice & Wavy

I SO SO SO SO SO CO-sign on the praying I really do cause we should have all been doing that a long time ago but everyone seems to be worried about where someone was born. NOW if he is dead HE did something that Bush could NOT do

FINISH the JOB
Thank you for praying, Almaz. No matter what, prayer is the key to change.

makeupgirl

Osama Bin Laden's death has just opened up a portal of hatred that will explode throughout this world. The people that love him, will go all out to cause havoc.

We must pray...and seek God's face for this nation.

May the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, be with us and protect us and keep us, in Jesus name. Amen.

I agree, this is far from over. I mean yes it's a victory but the victory isn't really a good victory because the cycle is just going to continue until Christ's second coming.

When one terriorist or dictator falls, another will rise up even more crazier and dangerous.

Lets' all stay in constant prayer, as Nice & Wavy suggested.

Nonie

Yesterday when the news broke and I was watching people dancing and celebrating, I didn't really feel like celebrating. It was surreal... I felt like I should be relieved but I wondered where Ayman Al Zawahiri was and what he'd get up to. I also suspected that the tiny groups that were born from Al Qaeda would also be up to no good. So I had a straight face as I watched the news. Then when I got texts of jubilation, my hubby said something about it not being right to be excited about a death--or more precisely a murder. That did put a damper on things a bit and make me remember he was human and had a history and people who lost a loved one--no matter how evil he was. But then a friend sent me a text that made me realize why, in addition to bracing ourselves for whatever, we should not be dancing about this:

Proverbs 24:17:

Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble do not let your heart rejoice, or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them.
That was very sobering and humbling.

So yes, prayer is needed for so many reasons.

And I can totally understand what Almaz is saying about people not liking Osama bin Laden but not being able to admit it publicly. I doubt his death makes them freer to speak. His ghost remains in those who served him and his second-in-command. I doubt anyone living in that area will come out and profess allegiance to the US--not when within the vicinity of Osama's followers. Just reading Pakistan's response makes it clear to me how precarious a position they are in. So when we pray for security and peace for our nation, let's not forget to pray for the oppressed/innocent/fearful who do not have the freedom we have.

Last edited:

makeupgirl

Yesterday when the news broke and I was watching people dancing and celebrating, I didn't really feel like celebrating. It was surreal... I felt like I should be relieved but I wondered where Ayman Al Zawahiri was and what he'd get up to. I also suspected that the tiny groups that were born from Al Qaeda would also be up to no good. So I had a straight face as I watched the news. Then when I got texts of jubilation, my hubby said something about it not being right to be excited about a death--or more precisely a murder. That did put a damper on things a bit and make me remember he was human and had a history and people who lost a loved one--no matter how evil he was. But then a friend sent me a text that made me realize why, in addition to bracing ourselves for whatever, we should not be dancing about this:

And I can totally understand what Almaz is saying about people not liking Osama bin Laden but not being able to admit it publicly. I doubt his death makes them freer to speak. His ghost remains in those who served him and his second-in-command. I doubt anyone living in that area will come out and profess allegiance to the US--not when within the vicinity of Osama's followers. Just reading Pakistan's response makes it clear to me how precarious a position they are in. So when we pray for security and peace for our nation, let's not forget to pray for the oppressed/innocent/fearful who do not have the freedom we have.

Thank you sister, I was thinking the same thing..."like why are people celebrating". I know that Bin Laden was a horrible man and that he was a mass murderer but Jesus died for the mass murderers, as well. Amen! So, he needed salvation just like everyone else and it pains me that he will never come to a saving knowledge and repent of his sins. It's not a time of celebration. It's a time to get serious, if anything and continue to spread the gospel. Let's pray for the salvation of those who still want to hurt us, whether it be mass murderers, serial killers, bombers, bullies, etc. Lets' not fear them, lets pray for them.

phynestone

Thank God I am not the only one who feels this way. I was watching CNN last night and saw a lot of people outside the WH singing and cheering and I just felt so uncomfortable. Yes, I'm proud to be an American, but I can't celebrate anyone's death in such a manner.

Nice & Wavy

I think we understand the hope that is inside of us, and this is the reason why we can't rejoice in this.

Many people don't understand this, so their natural reaction would be to rejoice. I think we too must understand how they feel as well. Many of those who were 'rejoicing' over this were very young (in their double digits) at the time of 9/11. For these last 10 years, all they knew was this man who killed so many Americans. Now, hearing that he was killed, more than likely, made them feel vindicated, so their reaction would be to sing God bless America.

I appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for praying.

:love2:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^^ ITA. An outpouring of compassion and forgiveness is my prayer for this nation. It's just wrong, celebrating this man's death. As Christians, we're commissioned to try o save others from eternal torment...not wish it on them.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
our posts crossed, while I was editing..but my sentiments are the same for both :yep:

yodie

This really does share my sentiments. I also saw the people celebrating and it reminded me of how the people in the Middle East celebrated when we were bombed on 911. I just looked at the TV and asked God how he felt about Osama's death and the way in which he died. I didn't get an answer right away, but as I was reading my bible the next day (I was already reading in the book of Ezekiel) I started reading ch.17. Then, as I continued onto ch. 18, I got down to verse 23. In my 'Good News Bible' it says, "Do you think I enjoy seeing an evil man die? " asks the Sovereign Lord. "No, I would rather see him repent and live."

I felt like God answered my question. Do I believe Osama was ever going to repent? I don't know. Am I glad he was captured? Of course. I just wish that we didn't celebrate this mans death and maybe had a moment of silence. I don't normally do 'a moment of silence' but I think it would've shown some reverence (although he didn't show any for us) for God's son, child, soul.