Those who have switched from mild to regular lye?

Nanyanika

I've been thinking of switching to regular lye, due to troubles with underprocessing and having to leave the relaxer on too long to get the defined texturized curls, this led to scalp burns. WWhat is your experience switching from mild to regular? Did you get the texture or results you had hoped for?

Btw i have coarse thick 4a resistant texture

starz

I just switched. The results were very good. My helper and I had to move fast to apply and smooth the relaxer; we only had 13 minutes.
I decided to switch because the mild left me underprocessed too many times(and that was with a professional applying the relaxer).

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I used regular lye for a while for texturizing. It worked well for me. My hair was still very curly. My hair is resistant and I left it on for 25-30 minutes (Revlon Realistic)....after doing many strand tests. I am now using Super, however.

Nanyanika

Thanks ladies, If i decide to use regular i will be texturizing my hair one section at a time, rinse, neutralise and condition before moving onto the next section, to avoid overprocessing.

Faith

Den, how are you going to section your hair? In 4? And are you going to do 2 sections at a time....i.e. front 2 then back two...2x? Or one section at a time...so 4x? I have also been trying to decide how I'm going to approach this..either do it 4x or 2x.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Den, how are you going to section your hair? In 4? And are you going to do 2 sections at a time....i.e. front 2 then back two...2x? Or one section at a time...so 4x? I have also been trying to decide how I'm going to approach this..either do it 4x or 2x.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Faith, i did a corrective with the help of my sister about a week ago, I parted about 8 sections, four at the front and four at the back, my hair is very thick so i wanted to prevent overprocessing. I began with the front row first. I cover the remainder 7 with three plastic caps and secure them with clips, this is so easy to do, i don't get any relaxer or water on the other sections of hair, i use a hand held shower as well. The relaxer was applied one section at a time, starting with the front row sections, after each individual section is relaxed i rinse condition and apply the neutralising poo. then i cover the, already relaxed section with Affirm Preservo chemical block or vaseline then move onto the next section. This is time consuming but, its worth the effort, epecially after the experiences i've had with hairdresser underprocessing my hair, Good luck!!! HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

model_chick717

I use regular now, but I use to use mild--and like everyone else...my hair was not as processed as much as I'd liked. I retouch my hair in sections as well, den1. Except I only do 2 sections--the front half of my head and then the back half. I do the front first and then rinse and neutralize and then I do the back. This method has worked well for me.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
I use regular now, but I use to use mild--and like everyone else...my hair was not as processed as much as I'd liked. I retouch my hair in sections as well, den1. Except I only do 2 sections--the front half of my head and then the back half. I do the front first and then rinse and neutralize and then I do the back. This method has worked well for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your wonderful reply!!!