THIS IS A HEAVY THREAD!!!!! And Yes I believe I am in the Right Forum:

Mahalialee4

Video #1
I found this video that was inaccessible before: This is something that we need to warn our teen age daughters about. They could watch this one on Sarah Bardman as it is a piece of HISTORY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ7mmMe4klQ&feature=related

I posted this second video because what the lady in the first video is talking about is what is happening with our young black women, MANY WHO ARE SUFFERING A MAJOR IDENTITY CRISIS IN THIS WORLD.

You mothers raising daughters view #2 with discretion due to explicit words that are sprinkled in the
second video. It is not my intention to offend as you can appreciate.

My reason: I have served as a Church Counselor and Sunday School Superintendant and I am aware of behavior and shame of some "professed" Christian ladies struggling with this and acting out who feel they cannot share this struggle with their mothers and fathers or grandmothers for fear of being viewed with disgust and rejection but often share in confidence to leaders in Churches. Some are leading a double life, hitting the clubs and worse. Some just leave the Church because they feel like they have failed beyond redemption and their parents do not have a clue why. So please take this info: in the spirit intended. Maybe it will encourage a more trusting open relationship if there are any moms who have daughters that you can see are struggling and know in your heart they are struggling and be able to talk openly about the danger to their souls and spirits...from the spirit of the world that can gradually seduce them away from everything they were ever taught by God fearing mothers and fathers!!!

Video#2 Warning!!!

About Video #2 warning::::::IF ANYONE WOULD MISS THE MESSAGE BECAUSE SHE DOES INCLUDE SOME PROFANITY WHICH I WAS NOT EXPECTING....THEN DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO. BUT SOME WOMEN WHO PROFESS TO BE CHRISTIAN ARE CARRYING THEMSELVES IN SUCH A MANNER THAT THEY ARE A POOR WITNESS TO THE UNSAVED!!!!!AND DO THE VERY DEEDS THAT SHE USES PROFANITY TO DESCRIBE......SO YOU MAY BE ABLE TO OVERLOOK THIS SINNER WHO SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!

I admit, I agree with much of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tdNxTV9i2c&feature=relatedPLEASE PUT YOUR HANDS OVER YOUR EARS TO BLANK OUT THE FEW FOUR LETTER WORDS. SHE IS NOT CLAIMING TO BE CHRISTIAN...BUT HER MESSAGE IS ON POINT. Sometimes, we have to hear raw truth from worldly people about ourselves to WAKE US UP.

Last edited:

HWAY

These videos made me think. I do agree with most of what the young lady in the second video said. We as women must love ourselves and know our worth. We are materialistic. I grew up in the hood and education is not valued enough. Too many parents are self centered and children lack direction. Since many young women have low self esteem, they think their value is in the wiggle of their hips, wearing designer clothes and driving expensive cars. Our worth is in knowing Jesus loves us and died for us and being proud of our culture and heritage. We must stop thinking the only way to feel good about ourselves is to degrade others.

Mothers and older women have to set an example for girls and teenagers and help them to know their worth.

Amour

wow

Thank you for posting this. I've only watched the 1st one so far and it made me teary up. I want to send this to all the black people I know. I think its important for people to relay this to their son's aswell as daughters. I think it would be a good idea to put this in OT

Mahalialee4

wow

Thank you for posting this. I've only watched the 1st one so far and it made me teary up. I want to send this to all the black people I know. I think its important for people to relay this to their son's aswell as daughters. I think it would be a good idea to put this in OT

The reason I did not put it on the OT Forum is some may have wanted to stone me because of some of the content (("#1@####stuff) and think I was being a hypocrite to post something that contained expletives even though it was not my words. I also have worked professionally counselling and evaluating people who came out of mental institutions and those who have criminal backgrounds and have supervised a lot of men as well.

I am not living under silk umbrella, i.e. some people do communicate with a lot of unsavory language, which perhaps Jesus heard when he ate with sinners and tax collectors. I have to say that I always was treated with great respect by those same people, who knew I was a non compromising believer, and part of the reason was that I looked past the rough edges to listen to what they were really trying to say to me, so that their needs could be addressed. I assumed and trusted the sisters on this thread would understand where I am coming from. Thank you. But I will post the first video on Sarah B. It should sufficiently suffice.

Last edited:

klb120475

Hey Maha! I can't access youtube and some sites because my job be acting funny bout viewing certain websites.:look:

I'll be sure to look at it this evening though.:yep: