Thinking of transitioning...

shetara20

:rolleyes: Hello Ladies. I know this might sound crazy coming outta my mouth but I am thinking of transitioning to going natural. Since I dont wanna cut my hair I was just gonna let my new growth take over my head and hopefully within 6 to 13 months cut off my new growth. I recently took out my micros and my hair is nappy!!!!:ohwell: And Im used to always gettin a relaxer so I can better manage my hair but since I go to the gym everyday I am seeing this as a big problem.:wallbash: I dont want my hair to revert and I would probably co-wsh my hair every other day and moisturize it. At least trasitioning I could be able to wash my hair more often and not expose it to so much heat but im not sure yet.Because of a lot of shrinkage, I can barely put my hair in a ponytail!:wallbash: I was just thinking how I would look natural and how I would have to put heat in my hair unless I wanted to straighten it.But the problem is with that. I dont know how defined my curls would be and it would disappoint me that I would let it grow out then cut it and not have it be the way i want it to be.

What should I do???Relaxer or transition to natural????

Umm did you say that you don't want your hair to revert?? From what exactly. Once your are is relaxed, it is...relaxed. Anyhow, as far as the transitioning...keep going with that idea and if you decide later that you don't want to do that, then relax. No biggy...especially since you don't have the desire to do the b.c.

Umm did you say that you don't want your hair to revert?? From what exactly. Once your are is relaxed, it is...relaxed. Anyhow, as far as the transitioning...keep going with that idea and if you decide later that you don't want to do that, then relax. No biggy...especially since you don't have the desire to do the b.c.

ive heard the term revert used a lot refering to when your hair is relaxed, and you wash it alot it might go back to the way it was before you relaxed it but im not sure. I just dont wanna get my hair relaxed then have it look like a hot mess everyday when I come from the gym.

Girl my vote is transition. Yes!!! It will take patience and cause some frustration, but in the end you will LOVE IT!!!!! My advice is think this thing out, will you able to kick up your moisture game, protective style (sounds like you do already), and try to lay off the heat a tad bit?? I love my new growth!! Its so cute.. I vote for yes!!!!!:grin:

But the choice is ultimately yours:yawn:

But the problem is with that. I dont know how defined my curls would be and it would disappoint me that I would let it grow out then cut it and not have it be the way i want it to be.

What should I do???Relaxer or transition to natural????

i think some people transition back to natural hoping for that certain texture that tends to fall in the 3s, and then feel disappointed when their hair is kinkier or nappier in texture than that. if you feel you won't be happy with the texture(s) that God gave you, then i suggest you keep it relaxed. the hair that grows out of you head should not be cause for disappointment, no matter the texture(s). JMHO

ETA: stalk some fotkis of naturals of your presumed hair type and see what they'e working with to get a better gauge of how life as a natural would be for you. Lauren450 immediately comes to mind as a 4a/b i believe.

Last edited:
ive heard the term revert used a lot refering to when your hair is relaxed, and you wash it alot it might go back to the way it was before you relaxed it but im not sure. I just dont wanna get my hair relaxed then have it look like a hot mess everyday when I come from the gym.

You can't wash your hair back to how it was, like she said once it's relaxed it's relaxed. Now with your NG if you flat iron it that will revert. I'm transitioning also and it's been 25 weeks since my last relaxer. I'm using Mizani Thermasmooth to help with my NG, and it's doing it's job with making my hair look like it's relaxed; and when it comes to reverting, what is reverting is the NG only. You might want to think about getting braids or micros or even braid setting your hair, cause NG does have a mind of it's own. I hope that helps. :grin:

Oh by the way, I love my NG, especially when I put it in a pony tail, it's so wavy I didn't know my hair done that. I relaxed for so long that I honestly forgot what texture I actually had.

Oh by the way, I love my NG, especially when I put it in a pony tail, it's so wavy I didn't know my hair done that. I relaxed for so long that I honestly forgot what texture I actually had.

Im starting to love my NG too! especially the baby hairs! Ima just think about it and see what happens thanks again!

Back