Thinking about relaxing/texlaxing..advice please

Ediese

I decided to not relax my hair way before I found the hair boards. It was a decision that I made after I realized that the relaxers were breaking off my hair.

I would really not like to relax, but I've been thinking that I would like to wear my hair straight at least 25% of the time. For some odd reason, I ALWAYS end up getting horrible split ends because of heat when I straighten my hair.

I had a dominican blowout in December, and that was horrible even though I made sure to apply CHI silk infusion before she got started.:wallbash: I've also tried flat ironing twice in the past 6 months, and it still gave me split ends:wallbash:.

For the ladies that have a CHI, does your CHI have temperature control? Mine doesn't. It doesn't even matter if I use little to moderate CHI silk infusion. It happens all the time. Sometimes I turn off the CHI so it can get cooler and then I use it, but it still gives me split ends. What gives?

I decided to not relax my hair way before I found the hair boards. It was a decision that I made after I realized that the relaxers were breaking off my hair.

I'm happy you found a forum before you relax. Relaxers puts your hair at the most fragile state. therefore it is important to baby them more. Deep conditionning (DC) week is needed as it provides the protein it needs. then again, you need to know your hair and moisturize them often also. It's all about balance and knowing your hair.

I would really not like to relax, but I've been thinking that I would like to wear my hair straight at least 25% of the time. For some odd reason, I ALWAYS end up getting horrible split ends because of heat when I straighten my hair.

there are some threads about naturals who sometimes straignten that can give you a lot of advice.
Do you like the hair bone straight? more or less?
how often do you straighten your hair?
do you use heat protectant?

I had a dominican blowout in December, and that was horrible even though I made sure to apply CHI silk infusion before she got started.:wallbash: I've also tried flat ironing twice in the past 6 months, and it still gave me split ends:wallbash:.

For the ladies that have a CHI, does your CHI have temperature control? Mine doesn't. It doesn't even matter if I use little to moderate CHI silk infusion. It happens all the time. Sometimes I turn off the CHI so it can get cooler and then I use it, but it still gives me split ends. What gives?

I had a CHI in the past and I did not have th heat control. I now have a sedu and I set it on the lower temperature for my relaxed hair. it goes from 250 to 450 I think.

this is not big info, I hope others will complete the information

Hope this help

If you decide to relax use a mild relaxer. I also have my sister (someone i trust) help put the relaxer in. as soon as it is in i put vasline on the rest of my hair and them i rinse it out. I don't leave the realxer in no more then 10 min. I just want my hair straight enough in my eyes to where i can manage it better and wear it down. I never liked bone straight styles because i feel it breaks the hair. I like my hair to have texture to it. when you textlax, the hair is still strong and a little natural, plus you retain thickness. I hope this helps.

Thanks for responding ladies. I always use the chi infusion heat protectant whenever I use heat. When I get my hair to the goal length that I want (hopefully BSL by December), I wanted to decrease the amount of sew-ins that I get. So, I was planning on straightening once a month with my CHI. I don't like bone straight hair. I like to still have some texture in it when straightened.

Back