Thickness and Fullness Comes Before Noticeable Length???

NYLegalNewbie

Just curious if anyone else has observed this same phenomena...

The left side of my hair was damaged pretty badly from overprocessing.

After I started caring for my hair better, for about 4 or 5 months, I noticed that I was getting thicker and fuller new growth on that side, but no growth.

Now, I'm noticing that some length IS starting develop.

Has anyone else had them happen to them too?

My theory is that over time, the thinner, damaged ends have either broken off or were trimmed off (I give myself a dusting every 6 weeks).

What do you all think?:grin:

I definitely agree with you my right side was completely damage and dry and noticibly shorter than my left so many times i though about cutting my left side to match my right i was too scaaarrrrred to do it but for some reason my right side caught up with my left after i began taking care of my hair ( i started jan 07) and my hair has always been thick but i had problems with thin ends now my ends are way thicker than before

From observing progress pics (which I love) the hair seems to grow in or get thicker in some areas before actual length is noticed, IMO.

something must be wrong with my hair then:lachen:it getting longer before it gets the thickness and fullness:ohwell:so now i have to work on that:wallbash:

something must be wrong with my hair then:lachen:it getting longer before it gets the thickness and fullness:ohwell:so now i have to work on that:wallbash:

Nothing is wrong with your hair, it really depends on the person.

In my opinion, increased thickness AND length rarely happen concurrently.

That totally happened to me. In the first year, I gained maybe an inch or two in length taking me from SL to APL, but it was ALOT thicker. Then this year it stayed thick, but grew from APL to BSL in about 5-6 months.

Health and thickness of my hair came first, and now I'm getting length. I really think I'm retaining length mainly bcause of kinky twists. My ends are still very damaged, and I think it would be breaking off easier if I wasn't protecting them with twists.

My hair is getting thicker instead of longer. :ohwell: I wish both would happen at the same time. It seems like thickness and health are seen before length for most people though.

This has been a lingering LHCF theory for a very long time and I definitely think that there's merit to this!! My hair is getting slightly longer but it's definitely gotten much thicker. Even my mother has noticed this, as well as others...

There's nothing wrong with our hair. We just have to let all the lengths catch up with one another.:ohwell:

Back