The Secrets to that the Silky Salon Look @ Home

bajanplums1

It is a rare occassion taht I do my hair and can acheive that smooth glass like shine that I get from a salon. The times I succeeded always involved a flat iron. However, now I am direct heat free.

Does anyone know the secret or have mastered the technique?

I don't want to brag but I like my results better than when I leave the salon. They can never get it right. Maybe I'm too picky...I don't know.

I think one of the secrets is to use very little product. So you have that silky look.

When my hair is damp I apply L'oreal Smooth Intense Serum and I blow dry my hair all over with a big paddle brush until it's about 60 % dry. Then I use my vented round brush (it's a big one) and use only a little bit of Pink Oil on each section. Or I use some heat protectant spray but in the end when all my hair is dry I HAVE to apply some Pink Oil. I don't know, my hair loves that stuff. I've been using it ever since I first started relaxing my hair. And that was more than 10 years ago. But anyway that's my technique:)

I have to agree with NAy007! I have only found one hairstylist who will guarantee my hair looks/feels/is as healthy as it can be when I leave the salon. I always rollerset my hair with a leave in( nioxin silk elixir) and serum ( salerm superactivo). Dont put to much product in your hair before you rollerset or even while you are rollersetting. If after I take out the rollers and my roots are super curly at 5-6 weeks post relaxer and I want them straight I might use a hot blowdruer with round brush on the roots only or flat iron the roots ONLY with my Chi Turbo one inch ceramic. I may only do this 1-2x/ evcouple of months though. I try to keep the heat to a bare minimum.

Back