The good, the bad and Heaven

kally

I know that by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior this gets you into heaven.

Were I am confused at is this. This weekend I heard that the good things you do on earth will not play a factor in getting to heaven and that those who do ungodly things, as long as they believe in Jesus Christ as well they also will be allowed in heaven.

How is it that a person who has lived a life that honors God for all of their live end up at the same place as one who does not? I am not saying that anyone deserves to not be in heaven, but there seems like God would rewards those who follows his ways more. I guess I am a bit of a hater on this subject because I struggle to try and please God and to see those don't get the same reward is depressing. I know I am suppose to love everyone and want the best for them and that all sin is equal.

I don't know if this is a no no topic or not, because I rarley get a response when I post deep things, or if people have different beliefs or what but is their anyone out there that can help me understand this.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions- asking questions is what brought me to Christ

Our works will be rewarded but salvation is free -the bible says the reason we dont have to work for it is so no one can boast. Those who get saved and do nothing God ordained for them are not living an abundant life or glorifying God like they could. Salvation puts us all on level playing ground. No one is more important to God -not the moral person who rarely does anything wrong or the person who is constantly in sin. He says He is no respector of persons and He isnt-this proves it. I know it can be hard to watch people reap things when they seem to take God for granted but we have to trust that God is giving us all the good things He has for us. We have to beleive that He is just and good-even to us. We have to compare ourselves to Christ not one another when we look @ how we have lived. Like you said none of us deserve to make it in-so glad we will though!

I hope this encourages you.

Yes it does and thank you so much. I know I just have to change my attitude towards that way of thinking, because I know that is not the right way to think, because I am a vendictive person and try hard not to seek revenge, because I know that vengence is Gods. and when I hear that one can do all of these ungodly things and have what I have, kind of makes me like what.. but not questioning God or anything

Last edited:
I hear you! Its not easy for me either. We just gotta keep pressin' towards our goal--heaven.

God bless

Were I am confused at is this. This weekend I heard that the good things you do on earth will not play a factor in getting to heaven and that those who do ungodly things, as long as they believe in Jesus Christ as well they also will be allowed in heaven.
I've heard this said before. I remember one preacher in particular saying "You can be a bad person on earth and still get into Heaven." People shouldn't say that just to back up how goodness doesn't get you into the Kingdom of Heaven. They should simply say salvation in Jesus Christ gets you into the Kingdom of Heaven. People like to make additions to what God is saying and it can totally throw His message off.

Those who CONTINUALLY do ungodly things with NO REMORSE (they feel it's okay to sin) and do not repent, they will NOT go to Heaven. Only Christians - who have sinned and feel convicted that they have done wrong and confess their sins and ask for forgiveness and turn away from that sin - will go to Heaven. Hope that helps. ;)

Back