Thanks to all

peeches

Hello Ladies,
I am a new subscriber but have been lurking for months. I just wanted to thank all of you that have put posts up on the site and those that have responded. I have learned more about my hair type and how to care for it in the last few months than I have in 20+ years. I love this website!

I think my hair is a very fine 3c/4a. I was stuck in a rut of relaxing, heat styling, cutting off hard ends, protective styling/buns, relaxing, etc. My hair hasn't gone past my APL since I was teenager because of the way I styled/treated my hair. My last relaxer was March 2010. I texlaxed myself. I am going to see if I can go a year without a touch-up. If that works, maybe never again.

Thanks to this website, I realized I was missing the key balance of protein and moisture. I am now co-washing everyday I don't wash and use a light protein once a week after washing. I use a variety of different leave-ins and coconut oil to seal everyday. My hair feels thick and soft. I am very happy.

My next thing to do is a length check and post pics. Thanks again to all of you!