Thank You in General - Newbie, Aphogee and Finding a Regimen

JDandBeyond

You ladies have no idea how great it was to find this forum! To see everyone providing advice and helping one another out of the goodness of your hearts is amazing to me! It is such a crazy world and it is nice to see a community of women helping each other out!

That was enough mushiness now for the real stuff! I am a newbie and after reading almost every thread on Aphogee 2 step protein treatment I tried it over the weekend. My hair is VERY fine and relaxed, but naturally soft. I noticed that in the winter the shedding is out of control. I usually will put in braids, but I'm trying to stick it out this time. I used aphogee and was amazed at the results! I followed the advice of others to use a clarifying shampoo (nexxus aloe rid) then followed the aphogee directions to a tee and then followed up with ORS replenishing pak. I am still floored with the results. My hair is soft and not shedding nearly as much as it was before (picture 30-40 strands per comb through and with fine hair like mine that is SCARY). I have maybe 10 strands all day shedding now (and some of that is because I keep running my fingers through my hair waiting for the strands to come out). I'm trying to cut that amount of shedding down even further. I am trying to figure out a moisturizing regime. I purchased Elasta QP mango butter (I think that is the name) and I'm trying to track down some jojoba oil to seal. I have also been using the Mizani H20 every other night. If you seasoned vets have any other suggestions for a newbie just now realizing the importance of proper hair management please share! I am getting married in less than 7 months and would LOVE a nice, full, healthy head of hair to walk down the aisle!

Thanks in advance :yawn:

Rina

Gril, I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way. Well, still do.

Welcome!