Texlaxed to Straight/Bone Straight?

GeminiGem

Has anyone gone from texlaxed to straight or bone straight? If so, pros and cons. I am currently texlaxed (looks like natural hair when wet), but I am still having a lot of tangling. Thanks for any info!

isawstars

I've entertained the idea but it's pretty risky.

I'm looking forward to hearing someone else's experience. Good question.

GeminiGem

I've entertained the idea but it's pretty risky.

I'm looking forward to hearing someone else's experience. Good question.

Thanks for your reply. I have less breakage but these knots are annoying me! I guess you trade one thing for another.

mshoneyfly

I have vicious tangles too. Ive been wearing wigs lately bc I just cant take it. But I wont go bone straight. Later tonight I will cleanse with Wen and clip my bone straight ends. This always melts my NG. IDK why I havent revisited this sooner. Prob bc of PJism.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

isawstars

I have vicious tangles too. Ive been wearing wigs lately bc I just cant take it. But I wont go bone straight. Later tonight I will cleanse with Wen and clip my bone straight ends. This always melts my NG. IDK why I havent revisited this sooner. Prob bc of PJism.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

mshoneyfly

Yes! Wen is a godsend for detangling. Can't get enough of fig and pomegranate. OP, perhaps you should try Wen and stretching your hair more often instead? Or do you prefer the bonelaxed look?

greenandchic

I wish I would have relaxed my hair straighter because though my hair is much more manageable, I still have tangles every now and then.

Waiting to hear from others. :D

GeminiGem

I keep my hair straight. That's why I was thinking about making my next retouch a corrective relaxer. My hair does seem to have more body than I remember when my hair was relaxed straighter. Even when I was natural, I kept my hair straight.

GeminiGem

I wish I would have relaxed my hair straighter because though my hair is much more manageable, I still have tangles every now and then.

Waiting to hear from others. :D

I an feeling the same way. My hair looks very close to my natural hair texture. Much closer than I intended.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
when i originally texlaxed my hair was not straight enough AT ALL.....i got a corrective at a salon 4 weeks later.

i went from bonelaxed to texlaxed and was not ready for the "texture" of my hair......

having said that, over time i learned how to change products and change my deep conditioning and detangling habits to work for my texlaxed hair.....my hair was bonelaxed for so long i had NO IDEA how to deal with any texture at all.

GeminiGem

when i originally texlaxed my hair was not straight enough AT ALL.....i got a corrective at a salon 4 weeks later.

i went from bonelaxed to texlaxed and was not ready for the "texture" of my hair......

having said that, over time i learned how to change products and change my deep conditioning and detangling habits to work for my texlaxed hair.....my hair was bonelaxed for so long i had NO IDEA how to deal with any texture at all.

Thanks! I was natural for a little bit, so I know how to deal with it. But I sure don't want to. Lol I thought I would end up straighter than am. I guess my hair is more course than I thought. I really need to get off the fence and make A decision. I am at 12 weeks post and I thought I had my mind made up at 1 week post.... now I am unsure. :/

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Thanks! I was natural for a little bit, so I know how to deal with it. But I sure don't want to. Lol I thought I would end up straighter than am. I guess my hair is more course than I thought. I really need to get off the fence and make A decision. I am at 12 weeks post and I thought I had my mind made up at 1 week post.... now I am unsure. :/

I feel u on that.

I was texlaxed for a year before I "liked" it.

PlainJane

I did it and I didn't have any issues. I originally started to texlax for about two years because I was new to lhcf and read how underprocessing and stretching was better for your hair. It was cool to have texture when my hair was wet, but I never wore my hair in styles that needed texture. I usually wore roller sets or straight hair so texlaxing only made me look kind of silly once I got to the humidity. One day, I went to a new stylist because I was extremely frustrated with my hair and she thought I was natural and I explained to her about texlaxing. Then we started talking and she suggested that I should just relax my hair straight. She did it right there on the spot and I never had any problems. The only reason I think I didn't have a problem is because I was going through protein overload at the time and it made my hair be able to handle the relaxer. I fell in love with bonelaxed hair all over again. But now I'm transitioning because I'm bored and curious :lol:

GeminiGem

I did it and I didn't have any issues. I originally started to texlax for about two years because I was new to lhcf and read how underprocessing and stretching was better for your hair. It was cool to have texture when my hair was wet, but I never wore my hair in styles that needed texture. I usually wore roller sets or straight hair so texlaxing only made me look kind of silly once I got to the humidity. One day, I went to a new stylist because I was extremely frustrated with my hair and she thought I was natural and I explained to her about texlaxing. Then we started talking and she suggested that I should just relax my hair straight. She did it right there on the spot and I never had any problems. The only reason I think I didn't have a problem is because I was going through protein overload at the time and it made my hair be able to handle the relaxer. I fell in love with bonelaxed hair all over again. But now I'm transitioning because I'm bored and curious :lol:

Thanks for replying. I am still working on making a decision. I think I will use the mild on my new growth, and after I do all that, apply the relaxer to the rest of my hair. I plan on doing it on the 30th. Hopefully I won't regret it. Lol

aishasoleil

If you decide to get a corrective, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a light/med protein treatment a week or so before having it done. Follow up with a moisturizing deep treatment so your hair will be balanced and prepared. I would definitely say that if you aren't happy with your texlaxed hair, go ahead and get a corrective. You're more likely to get damage from all the work put into keeping your hair straight (heat, etc). Just be sure your stylist knows what she/he is doing and you'll be alright! Good luck!

GeminiGem

If you decide to get a corrective, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a light/med protein treatment a week or so before having it done. Follow up with a moisturizing deep treatment so your hair will be balanced and prepared. I would definitely say that if you aren't happy with your texlaxed hair, go ahead and get a corrective. You're more likely to get damage from all the work put into keeping your hair straight (heat, etc). Just be sure your stylist knows what she/he is doing and you'll be alright! Good luck!

Thanks! I am going to use duo TeX after I wash my hair Thursday. I am going to do it myself. I have has too many issues using stylist. I have a permanent thin area from a bad relaxer burn. My nerves can't take anyone else doing my relaxer. I appreciate the advice!

aishasoleil

GeminiGem LOL! I can understand. I'm natural, but when I was relaxed I had some... interesting experiences with a few stylists. Now that I *am* a stylist I wonder how some of these "professionals" managed to earn their license. It's scary!

GeminiGem

GeminiGem LOL! I can understand. I'm natural, but when I was relaxed I had some... interesting experiences with a few stylists. Now that I *am* a stylist I wonder how some of these "professionals" managed to earn their license. It's scary!

Lol.... Me: "My scalp is burning." Stylist: "I just put the relaxer in. Wait a few more minutes. " (less than 1 minute later) Me: "Its burning pretty bad." Stylist: "I'll put some oil sheen on it." (Sprays oil sheen.... scalp still feels like the devil's feet)

*She sighs and washes it out.... finally!*

Next day I had a bad burn in my crown area and there was a scab. I was so damn mad. Idk what kind of magic oil sheen she thought she had, but that burn was ridiculous! The hair still doesnt grow right in that area... and that was at least 4 yrs ago.That was the last time I had a relaxer at a salon. I researched and did them myself. That was my last relaxer burn.