Texlaxed= longer stretches

isawstars

I have been texlaxing for almost a year now, & I want to share my wonderful experience with it. I got my last touch up in November and I am STILL not bothered by my new growth. I made an appointment for next month ONLY because I'm eager to update my fotki... My hair is a lot thicker when i flat iron my hair and my strands are a lot stronger compared to my relaxed hair. I know a few ladies have issues with shedding or breakage when transitioning from relaxed to texlaxed but I haven't experienced any *knock on wood*

Does anyone else find stretching easier with texlaxed/texturized hair? I could really get used to this :yep:

First off, I'm glad you're loving your texlaxed hair.

Yes, I do find it easier to stretch longer. When relaxed straight, I would struggle to get to 7/8 weeks; due to the drastic difference in textures and my refusing to use direct heat, my hair did not look good after about 1" of new growth. Now that I texlax, I regularly stretch 13/14 weeks (touchup 4 times a year); my new growth blends so well with my already-texlaxed hair so my styles look good even deep into a stretch. In fact, I'm thinking about decreasing my touchups to 3 times a year.

I love my texlaxed hair and wouldn't have it any other way!

I texlax about four times a year and so far the longest I stretch is 16 weeks. I guess that's about four months so that's pretty good. It's easier for me to stretch in the colder months than it is in the warmer months. I still like to wear my hair straight and not natural, so I love texlaxing because it gives me thick beautiful hair with lots of body and none of the flat relaxer look. I love texlaxing and it's the best thing I've ever done for my hair, even better than when I was natural (for me).

I think the only thing a person has to be mindful of when stretching is to make sure you're not losing strands, that defeats the purpose of stretching to retain length. So I keep that in mind and process accordingly. :rolleyes:

Back