Tangling

CurleeDST

Hi all:

I have natural hair that when straightened hits the top of my back. I am finding the longer it gets the more difficult it is to detangle it (whether with conditioner, in the shower or out of the shower). Detanglers do not seem to be effective either.

Any suggestions? I have tried parting my hair in four sections but it gets so tangled (even if I comb in the shower) that trying to part it in 4 sections is a BEAR!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I'm having the same problem. I used to detangle every 2 weeks or so, now I have to detangle every 4 or 4 days or else I have major problems. I've found that detangling with my deep conditioner in my hair helps a lot. I deep condition as usual then right before I rinse, I detangle. I also put my deep condition on dry hair instead of wet so that keeps my hair from being so week when I'm trying to detangle.

CurleeDST

Aha! I have been natural since 1994 (on again off again, with a relaxing moment when I was pregnant in 2001) but I have not had my natural hair this long ever so I am not quite sure how to deal w/ it. I typically kept it barber cut short!

I am also finding that when I CON wash in the shower I have a lot of hair all over the shower floor and the bathroom floor. Look like little curly auburn rats all over the place. The hair is coming out from the root but STILL it just seems a bit much. I fear I may not be as gentle w/ my hair as I need to be also b/c I have so much hair, it is longer, my arms get tired trying to detangle it.

I am afraid though that if I do NOT detangle - forget about it, I won't be able to get through it and it will just become one big mass of hair I can't comb.

When my hair was shorter, it was so much easier to finger comb.

nurseN98 said:
I'm having the same problem. I used to detangle every 2 weeks or so, now I have to detangle every 4 or 4 days or else I have major problems. I've found that detangling with my deep conditioner in my hair helps a lot. I deep condition as usual then right before I rinse, I detangle. I also put my deep condition on dry hair instead of wet so that keeps my hair from being so week when I'm trying to detangle.