Surge

CutiePie0Five

I've been hearing a lot about Surge and how it helps to grow hair, and I was thinking of trying it. However, I do remember a post about someone saying that it causing burning and flaking in the scalp? Was it Surge or Salerm that that was true for? I'm a little wary because I'm trying to grow my hair, not have it fall out! LOL someone help me please!!!

~CutiePie0Five

Wolftrap

Do a search on surge. There are numerous threads on reactions people had. In none of the posts did I hear of anyone saying their hair fell out so I don't think you have to worry about that. But some had reactions but some have also found things to prevent having reactions from it.

KinksnCurlz

I have thee most sensitive scalp known to man, i have been using it for about 10 days now, and the only thing i've experienced was slight itching and thicker feeling newgrowth (i use it on dry hair). Some of the members told me to add oil to it (ie. castor) or oil my scalp (i have my own little concoction) after using. They also told me to use it after freshly washing my hair, it might alleviate the itches (haven't tried that yet).

Sapphire

kinks n curls girl
I've used Surge religiously for about 3 months and have never had any negative results. I usually put it on right after washing. When I wear braidouts I put it in morning and night. When I first began using it my hairline was really thin but now it has filled in nicely. My hair has never fell out from using it and I've never seen anyone on the board say that it has either. I recommend Surge to anyone that's trying to grow out thier hair.

Redpoetess1

As you've seen it all depends upon the person. Some people use Surge all the time (like myself) and others have had negative results. Try it for yourself and post your results.

KinksnCurlz

I think walgreens sells surge... and of course, pathmark does too

Dutchess

When I first started using Surge I had the burning and flaking. I was using it twice a day. When I sprayed my hair some ran down the back of my ears and cause that skin to peel like crazy. I was either using too much or my skin was too sensitive for it. I was down but not out so I just modified my usage. It's been several months and I haven't had any burning or flakes at all. If you decided to use it spray it on your hair sparingly and follow the directions.

Leslie_C

u can also call the customer service and they can tell you what retailers in your area sell it. It sounded like I was calling someones house, but they were helpful! lol;)