Suggestions to Color My Grey

The Sweetest B

My hair is black/brownish/copper. Shoot I don't know what color it is but i love it. My grey is selling me up the river:nono:. I am trying to look young and fly:look: but these grey not helping. They are mainly in my edges in front. I part my hair on the right and wrap and wear down daily. There is a small patch right at the edge of the part. I can only wear this style as I have horrible temples. How can I cover the grey with out dying the rest of my hair. Nothing too harsh or chemical laden. I had used amla and I noticed my grey started to look as if they were dirty or even a nasty looking gold.

gn1g

I could've easily written this post.

I dye mines. I rather not look 10 years older.

But I would suggest using aloe vera gel on your edges it will actually keep your hair from turning gray also taking copper pills.

DaRealist

Most semi-permanents will cover your grey hairs. The only brand that I know off the top of my head that has a color similar to what you described as your natural color is Adore. They have a Copper Brown semi-permanent color. It isn't harsh and doesn't contain ammonia nor peroxide. It adds a coating on the hair, which is how it colors the hair.

sensiblesista

I remember reading somewhere that rinsing your hair with coffee is good at covering gray and it's also just good as a temporary dark hair dye in general. Anybody have experience with this?

Cleve_gryl

Most semi-permanents will cover your grey hairs. The only brand that I know off the top of my head that has a color similar to what you described as your natural color is Adore. They have a Copper Brown semi-permanent color. It isn't harsh and doesn't contain ammonia nor peroxide. It adds a coating on the hair, which is how it colors the hair.
ITA, I have greys in the temple area where I part my hair too :look:. I use Clariol Beautiful rinse at least once a month. It colors the grey nicely and leaves my hair soft, shiny and silky feeling...its also extremely delicate and can be used the same day as a relaxer. My color of choice is Wine Brown.

Miss*Tress

You could try henna. It's natural, permanent, conditioning, and will give you coppery highlights that match your hair color.