Stylist Pet Peeves

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
In the July/Aug 2003 issue of Black Hairstyles & Trends hairstylists and clients listed some pet peeves. Some of the stylist pet peeves were:

Clients who are late.

Clients who ask the receptionist to turn down the music and move to the corner to lie to their boss that they are sick or stuck in traffic and will be late to work.
blush.gif

Clients who who only want one stylist to touch their hair and then complain because they have to wait. (They said trust the stylist to hire quality assistants
ohwell.gif
)

Clients who run outside to buy stuff from the "goods man" because the owner won't let him in the shop.
laugh.gif

And one that I was guilty of...

Clients who leave in the middle of a service to handle some business like going to the bank or picking up kids from daycare.

shocked.gif
I've been waiting for 2 hrs and they get mad because I go to the ATM to make a deposit or the 99 cent store across the street for some chips and some oven cleaner? Child please...
mad.gif

That is me 2..i am leaving on the hour to put money in the meter for my car... in nyc Bloomberg has the NYPD giving tickets out for eveything..i am already spending a grip on my hair i dont need a ticket to add to that just because my meter ran out while i was sitting under the drier for my deep conditioner...lolol..no way..but thats all i am guilty of...lol

I guess every profession has something that they don't like--but stylists should also realize that we are paying customers and they should serve us as such.

I can understand the late one because then that may be cutting into another customer's time.

On the one about clients who leave to go run errands--I can guarantee that they aren't getting up while they're at the shampoo bowl, in the chair, or under the dryer. Chances are that the customer is just sitting there waiting on the stylist to get back on her head b/c the stylist has over-booked.

ITA. I usually left after I'd been sitting under a dryer that cut off 45 minutes earlier... I was never gone more than 10-15 minutes, though.

I think its cheeky for them to have pet peeves like the ones above, especially the one about not letting another stylist touch your hair except the one you trust. There are far more horror stories about stylists and if their only problem is if the client is late thats nothing compaired with the angst of worrying if your gonna leave the salon with the hair you went in with or bald!

my stylist pet peeve is when i don't take her advice and trim my hair when she wants me to. hello! i'd be bald. anyways i am the one paying my hard earned money. how dare she have a pet peeve.

Back