Study: Teen pregnancy DROPS when Planned Parenthood Closes

Belle Du Jour

Communities looking to reduce their teen pregnancy rates perhaps should consider one move before all the others: closing down any Planned Parenthood business.

That’s because a new study of one region of the country shows that as Planned Parenthood operations shut down and moved out, the teen pregnancy rate plunged by almost half.

The study comes from the pro-life American Life League, but it uses government figures to reach its conclusions. It analyzed one section of the nation – the Texas Panhandle region – where over the course of several years 19 Planned Parenthood businesses closed or left.

The result? Teen pregnancies dropped from 43.6 per 1,000 girls to 24.1 among a stable population of about 13,000 teen girls aged 13-17.

“People don’t realize that Planned Parenthood must work hard to replace the 43 percent of its customers it loses each year,” said Rita Diller, national director of ALL’s STOPP International project. “It normally does this by promoting sexual promiscuity to teens. This study suggests that when Planned Parenthood leaves, teens are more likely to embrace chastity.”

She continued: “We know that the pro-abortion first-response will be ‘consider the source.’ But American Life League is not the source; the source is the officials records of 16 counties within the Texas panhandle. From 1994 through 2010, Planned Parenthood facilities in these counties went from 19 to zero. In the same period, the teen pregnancy rate dropped almost in half, from 43.76 per 1,000 to 24.1 per 1,000. … Those aren’t our numbers; those are government numbers.”

The study is called Planned Parenthood Federation of America: A 5-Part Analysis of Business Practices, Community Outcomes and Taxpayer Funding.

On the topic of community outcomes, it reports that Planned Parenthood offers numerous suggestions to reduce the number of teen pregnancies, none of which involves abstinence. Instead, it suggests “sex education” that begins in kindergarten.

“While many things factor into the teen pregnancy rate, the fact that the TPR continually declined as Planned Parenthood facilities closed – and reached its lowest point in recorded history two years after disaffiliation of the last two remaining facilities – was a significant confirmation that Planned Parenthood’s presence and its ‘evidence based’ sex education programs are not a necessary component to reducing teen pregnancy,” the report said.

The report noted that the closures happened because of “education and activism against Planned Parenthood.”

Other findings of the study include that PPFA now gets $542 million annually from taxpayers but that it still was reducing “health services” while taxpayer funding rose 78 percent over the last six years.

It also found that while it brands itself has a health-care provider, the services it provides actually are plunging.

“There is no evidence that PPFA acted to provide enhancement of healthcare services but PPFA set a new record for abortions performed and total abortion market share,” the report said.

It also is generous with its executives, paying director Cecile Richards more than $583,000 and each of 74 other executives an average of about $166,000, the report said.

“Planned Parenthood at its zenith in 1978 had 191 regional affiliates. In 2012, this number was whittled down to 74, according to Planned Parenthood’s own releases,” the report said.

Regarding delivery of health-care services, ALL reported, Planned Parenthood cancer screens dropped 29 percent and the number of female contraceptive clients was down 18 percent.

All categories of services, in fact, were down, ”except one – abortions,” according to Jim Sedlak, ALL vice president.

And its business model would collapse except for the taxpayer funding it gets, the report said.

“Claims that PPFA ‘preventive healthcare services’ are critical to reducing teen pregnancy are not supported. To the contrary, results suggest that further study of Planned Parenthood’s impact on communities is warranted, considering the fact that its comprehensive sex education model, recruiting of teens to recruit other teens, and promotion of contraceptives as sexual freedom are in decline,” said Brown.

The study showed that PP has received more than $6.8 billion in taxpayer money since 1964, with huge increases coming in recent years under the direction of President Obama. And since 1970, it has terminated the lives of 6.3 million unborn children, equal to the populations of Chicago and Los Angeles.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/teen-pregnancy-drops-as-planned-parenthood-vanishes/#HcATIF6t3e77AyOi.99

Thank you, Lady Belle... Thank you.

God's Truth prevails. Always!

These clinics were hell blazers. :heated:

Praise God that the truth is always revealed. And...praise God that these death chambers are closing down in record numbers. The goal....to have NONE of these dens of iniquity in any county, town or neighborhood. Praise God because He will not be mocked.

While I do feel abortion is wrong and that the Planned Parenthoods that do perform abortions should stop, I do not think all Planned Parenthoods should be shut down as not all Planned Parenthoods even perform abortions. Where I live only one performs abortions, the other locations perform check ups and other based on income services. I am one that took advantage of those services. When I no longer had insurance and could not afford to go to my doctor, I went to Planned Parenthood for pap smears and check ups to ensure I was in good health for next to nothing. I am grateful and thankful that Planned Parenthood was around during that time in my life.

While I do feel abortion is wrong and that the Planned Parenthoods that do perform abortions should stop, I do not think all Planned Parenthoods should be shut down as not all Planned Parenthoods even perform abortions. Where I live only one performs abortions, the other locations perform check ups and other based on income services. I am one that took advantage of those services. When I no longer had insurance and could not afford to go to my doctor, I went to Planned Parenthood for pap smears and check ups to ensure I was in good health for next to nothing. I am grateful and thankful that Planned Parenthood was around during that time in my life.

The 'enemy' (satan) has his 'set-ups'........ situations in peoples lives to 'need him'.

It's just something to think about.

Last edited:

The other services they provide (paps and mammos) are just a small proportion of what they do. They are in the business of murder, destroying life, destroying families and promoting grave sin. I cannot support PP. :nono:

We can't forget that Planned Parenthood and the black community have a twisted history, and that PP was started by someone who heartily supported eugenics and who'd failed to deceive some that her Negro Project was to help, not harm:

Sanger believed that lighter-skinned races were superior to darker-skinned races, and admitted to speaking at KKK rallies, but would not tolerate bigotry among her staff, nor any refusal to work within interracial projects.[84] In 1929, James H. Hubert, a black social worker and leader of New York's Urban League, asked Sanger to open a clinic in Harlem.[85] Sanger secured funding from the Julius Rosenwald Fund and opened the clinic, staffed with black doctors, in 1930. The clinic was directed by a 15-member advisory board consisting of African-American doctors, nurses, clergy, journalists, and social workers. The clinic was publicized in the African-American press and black churches, and received the approval of W. E. B. Du Bois, founder of the NAACP.[86] Sanger's work with minorities earned praise from Martin Luther King, Jr., in his 1966 acceptance speech for the Margaret Sanger award.[87]
From 1939 to 1942 Sanger was an honorary delegate of the Birth Control Federation of America, which included a supervisory role — alongside Mary Lasker and Clarence Gamble — in the Negro Project, an effort to deliver birth control to poor blacks.[88] Sanger wanted the Negro Project to include black ministers in leadership roles, but other supervisors did not. To emphasize the benefits of involving black community leaders, she wrote to Gamble "we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." This quote has been cited by Angela Davis to support her claims that Sanger wanted to exterminate black people.[89] However, New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project, argues that in writing that letter, "Sanger recognized elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South, unless clergy and other community leaders spread the word that the Project had a humanitarian aim."[90]

OK and well I'll be quiet.. lol.. thank you Belle Du Jour for this updated post.

We can't forget that Planned Parenthood and the black community have a twisted history, and that PP was started by someone who heartily supported eugenics and who'd failed to deceive some that her Negro Project was to help, not harm:

OK and well I'll be quiet.. lol.. thank you Belle Du Jour for this updated post.

Wow Laela...

So this is how it became a such a huge death chamber (i.e. abortions). It started out with a spirit set to exterminate the Black race... It's methods simply grew. :nono:

Mississippi is always first or second in teen pregnancy, and there is only one abortion clinic in the whole state. In addition, that one clinic is not run by Planned Parenthood. There was a lot of national press about the clinic a few years ago because the state legislature was trying to pass laws to close it.

Needless to say, I'm not very sure about this study.

I am all for reports and personal opinions but this one isn't that good in my opinion. I don't have any facts but even so a drop in teen pregnancy does not correlate with an increase in chastity as the highlighted section suggest. Maybe kids started getting BC/condoms etc in school and that was more effective. Just giving examples to show why the reason hasn't been properly flushed out.

I am all for reports and personal opinions but this one isn't that good in my opinion. I don't have any facts but even so a drop in teen pregnancy does not correlate with an increase in chastity as the highlighted section suggest. Maybe kids started getting BC/condoms etc in school and that was more effective. Just giving examples to show why the reason hasn't been properly flushed out.

I think it's a combination of both. With the options of an abortion not as accessible, using birth control can be more stressed (actually pressed) upon teens to prevent pregnancy.

Not a good alternative, as it only devalues their lives and places them at more risks. The fall of the Plan Parenthood death chambers were inevitable and long overdue, no matter what the pregnancy stats (higher or lower).

Back