Straightening natural hair and SSKs

qchelle

Any naturals have SSKs and then straighten their hair and then don't cut the knots off? How does straightened natural hair look with SSKs? Does it feel really bad?

Thanks so much! :)

BostonMaria

I cut mine off so I can't answer your first question. I think it can look bad if you have too many. You're better off doing search and destroys because otherwise you're going to have split ends all over. It'll eventually get so bad you'll have to cut off a few inches of hair.

Theresamonet

I straighten my hair with ssk. They are not noticeable for me, but I can feel them. I just cut them off as I flat iron.

naturalmanenyc

I do not cut them off. My hair looks fine although I can feel the ssks.
If they get to bad, I will cut them off though.

Any naturals have SSKs and then straighten their hair and then don't cut the knots off? How does straightened natural hair look with SSKs? Does it feel really bad?

Thanks so much! :)

Ronnieaj

I've straightened without cutting them off. They weren't noticeable, but it required more heat to straighten without looking poofy, and I could definitely feel them. I now prefer to just cut them off. I don't do S&Ds, but I have started dusting my ends regularly, which helps keep them at bay.

vtoodler

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that SSKs are more prevalent in the back? Towards the nape of the neck.